- Suitable for wastewater plants, biologically active filters and more
- More driving head results in longer filter run times
- Provides even backwash distribution to deep clean filter media
- Reduces construction costs replacing up to 14 inches (36 cm) of gravel media support allowing for the same media depth in less vertical space
- Physically rigid design reduces flexing and withstands pressures up to 15 psi (1 bar)
- Precision-engineered 1 mm slots support media down to 1700 microns (1.7mm)
Designed to improve efficiency and reliability
Providing a more effective option than using gravel in most applications, the I.M.S® 1000 media retainer is engineered to allow for improved backwashing and improved air and water distribution for cleaner media. Thanks to its physically rigid construction and precision engineered injection molded slots, the I.M.S 1000 media retainer eliminates dead spaces and provides longer filter runs reducing overall operating costs. The patent pending baffles on the bottom of the plate are designed to ensure air doesn’t roll to the high end of the cap.
The I.M.S media retainers replace up to 14 inches (36 cm) of gravel media support allowing for the same media depth in less vertical space and longer air/water backwash.
Flexibility, affordability, and performance
Beyond exceptional, worry-free performance, the I.M.S. 1000 media retainers deliver a host of other benefits including lower capital expenditures related to its ease of installation and potential for a smaller vertical footprint, reduced operational expenses due to longer filter runs using less water and energy, and the product’s performance over an extended period of time.
As part of the complete Leopold FilterWorx filter system, it is compatible with all Leopold underdrains. I.M.S media retainers are factory installed on the Leopold underdrains saving time and labor during installation.