Bell & Gossett U-Tube Design Type SU, WU, HTWU, DSU, DWU, DTC
SU/WU heat exchangers utilize a U-Tube removable bundle construction. The SU product is designed for applications using steam on the shell to heat fluids in the tubes and the WU product is designed as a liquid to liquid heat exchanger. All welded rugged carbon steel shell, with an option of stainless steel, provides maximum durability.
- Removable bundle for ease of inspection and replacement
- This design allows for differential thermal expansion between shell an tubes as well as between individual tubes
- The result is a heat exchanger capable of withstanding thermal shock
- The bundle design and tube layout allow for the maximum heat transfer surface area per given shell size
- The SU/WU exchangers are also available with Diamondback double wall tube construction and heavy duty construction for high temperature applications as well as tank heater designs
SU Models through 14″ and WU models through 10″ diameter are carried in stock for immediate shipment.
SU HEAT EXCHANGER
The SU Heat Exchanger is an instantaneous type, designed to heat liquids with steam. No space-wasting, expensive storage tank is needed. Although the SU is used for heating many types of fluids, its widest application is for heating water. The SU can also be used as a converter for use with radiation, radiant panels and snow melting systems. Available in diameters 4″ through 30″.
WU HEAT EXCHANGER
Instantaneous water-to-water heat transfer — with pumped boiler water circulation. The WU, equipped with a Bell & Gossett Booster Pump, pumps boiler water through the shell, thereby greatly increasing the capacity of the heater. Large volumes of hot water are produced by an amazingly small unit. Sizes range from 4″ diameter through 30″ diameter.