Bell & Gossett Rolairtrol Air Separator Hot & Chilled Water
Removes Entrained Air and Suspended Sediment
- To protect the system against damage
- To provide better heat transfer
- To reduce energy costs
- To eliminate system noise
Centifugal Flow Pattern
- Creates low pressure vortex in center of tank
- Lowers pressure drop through the tank
Models from 2″ – 36″
- Cast iron (2” through 3”) and carbon steel (3” – 36”) bodies (Other body materials available upon request for 3” – 36” models)
- NPT (2″ & 2½″), flange, or groove connections available
- With or without strainer
- 304 stainless steel
- 3/16” diameter perforations, 51% open area
Designed, constructed, inspected, and stamped per Section VIII, Division 1 of the ASME Code
- Standard models rated for 125 psi (862 kPa) working pressure. Higher pressures available upon request
The Bell & Gossett Rolairtrol® is a patented centrifugal style air separator for use in any HVAC system. Its 3-to-1 body diameter to nozzle diameter ratio slows the fluid velocity to help entrained air come out of solution, while its tangential inlet and outlet nozzles induces centrifugal fluid flow. This centrifugal flow creates a low pressure vortex in the center of the tank where entrained air can come out of solution and float to the top of the tank where it can easily be removed via an air vent or connection to an expansion tank.
The Rolairtrol is also available with or without a 304 stainless steel strainer to help break the fluid surface tension and remove suspended solids from your system fluid. Contaminants such as air and suspended sediment can lead to diminished heat transfer, higher energy costs, damage to your system components, and increased system noise. By removing them you can lower the cost to operate your system, extend the life of your components, and provide better comfort to your building occupants.
All Rolairtrol models are designed, constructed, inspected, and stamped per Section VIII, Division 1 of the ASME code for 125 psi (862 kPa) maximum working pressure and 350°F (177°C) maximum working temperature. Higher pressures and temperatures are available upon request. Models are available in sizes 2″ through 36″ and are available with NPT (2″ through 3” only), flange, or groove end connections.