Pressure Independent Flow Limiting Valves Bell & Gossett Circuit Sentry
The Bell & Gossett Circuit Sentry is a calibrated pressure independent flow limiting valve with a precision machined ball type shutoff valve, and commissioning measurement ports. The valve is designed for flow limiting-style balancing of both HVAC cooling and heating circuits*. The valve's internal flow cartridge facilitates easy flushing of the piping upon commissioning the system.
- Keeps constant fluid flow, automatically compensating for fluctuating pressure conditions
- Unique diaphragm pressure control element allows one cartridge (flow cartridge) for most systems
- Large open flow paths for clog-free operation
- Union connection allows for maximum piping flexibility and elimination of unnecessary pipe fittings
- No requirement on pipe lengths before and after the valve for easier application and piping
- Broad product size range (1/2″ to 20″)
The integral automatic flow rate cartridge maintains the flow rate in the controlled circuit. The optimum flow rate is maintained at a constant level even under fluctuating pressure conditions from as little as 2 PSI to as much as 60 PSI of differential pressure. In a properly designed system the valve automatically ensures system balance, regardless of changing pressure conditions normally associated with variable speed pumping. Integral P/T-ports for needle system and/or drain are available as options, as are a variety of end connections on valves from 1/2″ to 2 1/2″ in size, with either female NPT or sweat fixed ends, and a union end with sweat, female NPT or male NPT. Valves are normally equipped with 1″ long capped readout ports fitted with internal check valves.
*The valve is not for use in potable water systems.