Test Technician / Sr. AnalystOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Investigates process and manufacturing problems during testing and initiates corrective actions
- Determines proper test set-ups, tests, troubleshoots, and notifies appropriate personnel when problems arise as necessary
- Prepares graphs, charts and tabulations of testing data, maintains testing data and analyzes data under guidance of an engineer
- Performs routine analyses to check applicability, accuracy and completeness of data
- Calibrates, adjusts, operates and maintains test equipment as required, including gas chromatographs
- Assist in designing a variety of tools, jigs and fixtures that will assist in increasing production efficiency
- Handles multiple projects, performs any and all required coordination as applied to testing with other operations to ensure that schedules are met
- Performs other related duties of comparable complexity as directed.
- Provide Design for Manufacturing feed-back to Product Design Engineering team
- Learn chromatography theory, and be able to operate instrumentation
- Involved in process analysis including DFMEA, PFMEA
- Collaborate with all levels of engineering in the development of new ideas; review of current documentation and implementation of changes as required
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations and requirements
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering
- Instrumentation experience in a laboratory setting as well as field work (an asset)
- Must be able to read assembly prints and follow written instructions
- Must be hands-on and have critical thinking skills and be able to solve problems
- Strong mechanical skills and experience in setup, repair and maintenance of equipment
- Apply lean manufacturing principles and/or Six Sigma tools in a manufacturing setting
- Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization verbally and in writing
- Possess intermediate computer skills including MS office excel and outlook
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.