Sr. Director, Global TreasuryFinance | Rye Brook, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Sr. Director, Global Treasury is responsible for the providing strategic management and leadership of Xylem’s global treasury activities. Key responsibilities include advising the Board and Sr. Mgt. on capital structure and the various alternatives available in financial markets, strategic treasury analysis, hedging, coordinating capital planning and assisting with the identification and setting of strategic and financial objectives for the corporation.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
As a member of Xylem Inc. Headquarters Treasury Group you will lead global treasury efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Ongoing development of Funding and Liquidity Plans. Global aggregation and monitoring of cash flows from operating, financing / equity, and investing activities. Preparation of cash flow variance analysis, highlighting trends in operating liquidity, evaluating threats and opportunities in the company’s capital plans.
- Analysis of cash flows, market access, corporate liquidity and acquisition capacities. Support Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Responsible for the measurement, quantification, and strategizing of global interest rate and foreign exchange exposures. Document and communicate underlying risks, hedge strategies and scenario analysis to senior finance managers (CFO & Treasurer). Maintain and update interest rate and foreign exchange risk management policies and procedures as necessary. Oversee the performance tracking of derivatives activity. Liaise with Corporate Accounting and FP&A areas to: facilitate interest rate and foreign exchange forecasting, external reporting of interest rate and foreign exchange risk, and accounting for derivative positions. Liaise with Corporate Tax area to assess tax effective structuring.
- Responsible for maintaining positive credit/rating agency relationships through periodic briefings.
- General treasury support to corporate finance, including M&A analysis, structuring off balance sheet conduits, liquidity and debt issuance analysis.
- Drive changes to Xylem businesses and subsidiary operations in the area of order to cash processing procedures, including creative solutions to aggregate cash.
- Develop world-wide controls and processes for bank administration, including documentation of account opening, and control of contracts. Develop policies assuring use of preferred banks globally.
- Improve cash concentration effectiveness.
- Evaluate financial and cash controls, processes, and financial service utilization across all business units.
- Arrange letters of credit programs and coordinate use of letters of guarantee.
- Design and implement match funding reporting, interest allocation, cash flow maps, and bank accounts maintenance.
- Manage corporation’s short- and long-term debt portfolio and issuance programs.
- Oversee Manager of Cash/Stock administration and daily cash positioning/investments/borrowings.
- Administration and configuration of Treasury Management Systems. Ensure appropriate controls implemented within treasury systems (SOX compliance). Drive the technology strategy for the Corporate Treasury area.
- Financial Institution (Bank) Counterparty Risk Management – Responsible for: monitoring, reporting, and compliance of bank counterparty exposure. Communicate over limit situations to senior finance management and take action to bring over limit bank exposures into compliance. Maintain bank counterparty exposure policy.
- Derivatives and Reporting - Responsible for supervising the reporting and back office activities of all transactions.
- Monitor and manage pension/savings salary plans, work with Sr. Mgt /HR benefits on oversight and reporting.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 15+ years of Global Treasury experience
- MBA in Finance or a Certified Financial Analysis (C.F.A). strongly preferred
- Experience using advance analytic, accounting and finance tools
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Proficiency; Intermediate experience with Impressive analytic skills
- Knowledge of industry standard pricing models
- Extensive knowledge of US and international payment systems
- Experience with ERP and payment systems preferred
- Proven communication and leadership skills.
- Skilled with accounting and tax concepts / methods.
- Skilled in derivative execution and/or back office procedures.
- Skilled in the pricing, purchasing and sale of derivative instruments.
- Familiarity with Global Tax procedures
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Standard weekly job hours: Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month .
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.