Site Junior Category Buyer Indirect Material - 1 year contractOperations | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
-CONTRATTO DI 12 MESI -
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Junior Category Buyer Indirect Material has the responsibility of purchases for the categories of indirect materials and services required by the company. With the goal of maximizing the added value for the company, he/she is responsible for final draft of contracts. He/she supports specific projects and investments in cross-functional teams including but not limited to general maintenance services and industrialization for negotiating and drafting contracts part.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with Xylem policies, needs, costs, quality and delivery targets. Support improvement of site supply base and supplier’s service level, reducing lead time and improving on time and quality performance, participation to the monthly review on Quality and OTD performance. Ensure improvements on transactional processes and operations.
- Support EH3S, facilities maintenance and manufacturing engineering for contractors, making sure they comply with security and labour law requirements.
- Responsible for managing and updating price lists in the system, issuing, monitoring and expediting of orders and invoices.
- Deliver site-sourcing projects on time and to target savings; provide accurate and timely visibility of ongoing project progress; participate in site project review.
- Search for suppliers, products, processes and tools to secure cost effectiveness, quality and service according to expectations.
- Support as requested the preparation and the approval of Project Appropriation Request (PAR) with preliminary supply chain, development lead-time, preliminary cost and capital investment. Prepare the PO for tools, prototypes and samples in accordance with existing policies.
- Monitor market material trends and suppliers. Explore alternative sources for goods and materials as requested. Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers in order to reduce costs where possible and as requested. Perform tenders and issue request for quotations/proposals (RFQ/RFP) to potential suppliers. Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials. Communicate supply problems and may pose a risk or impact on business operation. Contact supplier to resolve price, quality and delivery or invoice issue as requested.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities. Actively search information about financial status, legal irregularities, sustainability and other aspects for suppliers that might harm Xylem as a cooperation partner and customer
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through regular analysis of spend and idea generation activities to promote innovative disruptive thinking.
- Ensure spend and sourcing projects are associated to budgets and where appropriate savings can be tracked to P&L, with Finance sign-off.
- Communicate with colleagues, superiors and with suppliers in a clear and professional way.
- Negotiation skills and ability to lead projects and influence.
- Work in a group cross-functional with a professional, positive and helpful approach.
- Attitude towards continuous improvement and learning by bringing the results set.
- Fast in execution and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Resilience to stress
Education requirements and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or Bachelor Degree
- Good knowledge of English and fluent Italian
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Access
- 0-5 years of experience in indirect materials and services purchases area (or general purchasing)