Service Shop Pump TechnicianOperations | Sanford, FL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Service Shop Pump Technician will perform all mechanical/electrical service duties (troubleshooting and repairing of pumps and other Flygt products) on the phone, in the shop and at field locations. Also performs other duties related to the running and maintenance of the shop.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair submersible pumps and other Flygt products, over the phone, in the shop and on location. Prepare cost estimates as required.
- Wire, convert and test new or repaired pumps.
- Handle or assist in shipping and receiving duties. Pick up and deliver pumps and parts (new or rental equipment). May perform parts department duties as required.
- Maintain shop in an orderly, secure and efficient manner. Maintain shop equipment and tools, proper stock levels of pumps, parts and other products, including rental banks where applicable.
- Assist customers with various service and sales related problems. This may include helping the customer select a pump or part.
- Assist sales, service and inventory personnel as required.
- Perform and/or assist in project assignments, reports and processing/maintenance of all required paperwork.
- May order and/or make local purchases of shop supplies, parts., etc., when necessary.
- Handle or assist in the performance of start-up duties or problems.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School diploma of equivalent required. 2-year technical training or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years mechanical and maintenance experience
- 2 years equipment maintenance experience in wastewater collection or treatment systems.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Valid drivers license with good driving history.
- Must be able to obtain DOT certification if assigned a mobile service vehicle.
- Light construction experience a plus.
- Ability to read wiring schematics and have a basic understanding of pump station electrical controls and monitoring devices.
- Demonstrate logical troubleshooting processes.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to provide “On Call” services as required.
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
- Office: Administrative - computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery; such as, fax machines, copiers and printers.
- Shop/Job Site: Daily Exposure to warehouse/shop. Exposure to undesirable field elements at treatment plants or contractors site.
- Travel: Overnight travel as needed to customer or other branch locations.
- Misc: Driving a mobile service vehicle and operating a mounted crane.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.