Senior Full Stack Software EngineerEngineering | Cincinnati, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Full Stack Engineer with a desire to join a team delivering impactful solutions. We’re focused on helping utility companies visualize and make use of the data available for making better and more informed decisions.
We’re looking for people who have a passion for writing great code, developing servers, and working with digital technologies to help streamline decisions. If you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology, aren’t afraid to take a different approach to solving technical problems, and are able to change directions quickly as the business environment shifts, then we want to talk with you!
What you will be doing
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem’s software offering.
- Building containerized services using Docker, uWSGI, Flask, C++RestSDK, and similar tools
- Developing compelling web pages using cutting-edge technologies
- Working with SQL and no-sql database environments
- Maintain and improving both on-premise and cloud-based applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
- Engineer code that is standardized, efficient standard and well documented.
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic that sets a leading example for others.
- 5 years minimum of Front-End, Middle-Tier and Back-End development in a team environment.
- Proven ability to develop applications in start-up and large scale, high performance environments.
- Fluency in one of: C, C++, Objective C, Swift, Python
- Experience with a variety of DB technologies (SQL, Postgres, Mongo, InfluxDB, or similar)
- Experience with one or more web frameworks (ex: Angular, React, Vue, Svelte)
- Experience working with RESTful web services.
- BS or greater in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with designing and deploying RDBMS and noSql datastores.
- Experience designing and deploying middleware services and restful APIs.
- Experience with microservice architectures.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other containerization/orchestration technology.
- Cloud exposure, particularly AWS.
- Experience with Agile methodology for building software.
- Experience in the geosciences or an environmental engineering field
What's In It for You
- An opportunity to join a very smart, motivated team, directly impacting a market with explosive growth potential, and help save the environment.
- Strong base salary depending on experience
- Excellent benefits and vacation policy
- Tons of growth potential and a great working environment.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.