Quality ManagerOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Role: The Quality Manager will maintain and ensure execution of the Quality Management System, consisting of the quality assurance programs, policies, processes, procedures and controls currently in place to assure product quality with the goal to achieve high customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Plans, manages, leads and oversees the work of the Quality Assurance Department ensuring the ISO 9001 accreditation is achieved and maintained.
- Support customer audits.
- Support and resolve customer quality issues.
- Assist in sourcing and qualifying new suppliers of materials and components.
- Drive Six Sigma/lean manufacturing principles.
- Provide production support in order to maximize on-time delivery.
- Work with project management to determine test schedules.
- Work to achieve continuous process improvement.
- Supervise and/or coordinate all work carried out by support groups including analysis of customer complaints.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Xylem policies and applicable laws including training and performance.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification
- Bachelor Degree in technical field of study or combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant work experience in Quality Management, including minimum 3 years leading teams to achieve continuous improvement of responsible processes
- Lean Six Sigma experience a plus; Black Belt or Green belt preferred
- Ability to competently respond to customer concerns and present data in an organized manner
- Ability to communicate clearly to customers up to Executive level
- Knowledge of quality systems and data maintenance using Lean and Six Sigma tools
- Ability to understand engineering and manufacturing processes and identify quality improvement opportunities
- Quality engineering experience dealing with parts, sub-assemblies, test systems, & software
- Experience with technical writing, 6-sigma analysis, interpreting statistics, desire for report writing and explaining root causes by data analysis
- Knowledge of plant floor systems and test equipment, ability to gather and analyze plant floor KPI's and provide data for analysis; capable to highlight problem areas and tie in with business cost for the purpose of continuous improvement
- Experience on factory floor, including ability to spot/highlight quality problems or risks
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers
- Self-directed with strong leadership skills and experience in owning and leading projects
- Customer (internal & external) focused
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills with internal stakeholders
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.