Paint Prep Assembler - $3,500 Sign On BonusOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks
The Role: Godwin, a Xylem brand seeks to hire a Paint Prep/Assembler to be responsible for the preparation of pumping units and accessory equipment for painting. The Paint Prep/Assembler is also responsible for the re-assembly and decaling of the units and/or accessory equipment following completion of the painting process. Proper preparation will assure paint adhesion and functionality. Proper re-assembly and decaling will assure a complete product meeting production build and /or customer expectations. When not engaged in painting, prepping, or assembly responsibilities, the Paint Prep Assembler will assist in the yard or perform other duties as assigned.
**This position includes a $3,500 Sign On Bonus**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Comply with XDS and OSHA safety standards, procedures and regulations, including daily attendance of safety/tool box meetings. Act as a role model for a safety conscientious environment
- Disassemble, remove and store components from equipment (newly fabricated or refurbished)
- Mask equipment using tape and masking material in preparation for painting
- Power wash, sand, grind and mask equipment being refurbished and repainted
- Reassemble and apply vinyl labels in accordance with production and/or customer orders
- Move equipment in and out of preparation and paint booth areas using a forklift
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ability to use and/or operate basic hand tools (manual and power-driven)
- General mechanical aptitude
- Ability and willingness to follow direction and be a team player
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Auto body, paint shop or vocational technical center experience preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standing eight (8) hours per day
- Using full range of physical motions associated with general labor work throughout the eight (8) hours to include walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, carrying/ lifting and climbing (up to 3 feet)
- Manual lifting and maneuvering up to 50 pounds
- Machine assisted lifting (forklifts/cranes) exceeding 50 pounds
- Work using personal protective equipment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.