Distribution SupervisorOperations | Southaven, MS, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Distribution Supervisor responsible for the performance, work distribution, work hours, and safety of warehouse personnel on 1st and 2nd shift. As well as cleanliness and organization of the onsite warehouse. Responsible for on-time and accurate shipping process of customer orders. Manage and oversee accurate and timely material movement throughout material handling workflow. Communication with carriers as well as collection and retention of pertinent shipping documents. A sign on bonus is available to external applicants.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with Logistics Leadership team to monitor and support daily capacity of receiving and or shipping warehouse.
- Oversee receiving and or shipping duties
- Training and refresher training for warehouse personnel
- Investigate material flow concerns to keep receiving/ whipping warehouse flowing
- Inspect deliveries and or loads and skids prior to shipment
- Manage shipping picklist, packing list, and bill of lading for receipts and or shipments.
- Supervise warehouse personnel.
- Develop and maintain a flexible, well trained work force
- Process receipts and or shipments with department
- Work with computer systems and production reports
- Safety and Cleanliness of warehouses.
- Schedule OT as needed.
- Back up for shipping/ receiving supervisor as required and/or other roles within the shipping/logistics department as needed.
- Other duties and Projects as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Excellent communication skills: clear, concise communication on crewing, 5S, safety, and planning each day.
- Strong Leadership Skills: able to lead a group of people spread out through the warehouse, working toward more efficient processes and continuous improvement within the department
- Computer competency: Excel, carrier systems, ERP/MRP systems, willingness and interest to learn/develop further.
- Problem solving skills: ability to think outside of the box and come up with safe and innovative solutions to problems, and determination to solve them.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and still maintain ideal disposition towards work.
- Ability to work well with a cross functional team of all levels, and the open mindedness to recognize there’s something to learn from every one of them.
- Education: Associates Degree or equivalent with 3-5 years in a receiving / shipping environment.
- Warehouse material flow Experience
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Walking, standing, sitting in a warehouse environment
- Typical warehouse and distribution center.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.