Client Solutions ArchitectSales | France, France
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Client Solution Architect (CSA) focuses on solution-level decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes. Just like the architect in the construction industry creating a general blueprint of a future building, the CSA must have a profound knowledge of available technologies in our world of water technology to suggest the best solution according to the incoming requirements and existing environment. The product of a CSA’s job is therefore the set of technological solutions and the strategy of their implementation.
After developing a strategic technical vision of the product, the solution architect is involved in estimating the budget and presenting it to the stakeholders. Once everything is agreed upon, he or she monitors the process of development and keeps stakeholders informed about the progress.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
The Client Solution Architect (CSA) bridges the gap between business problems and technology solutions within our world of water technology.
- Finding the best solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems of our clients.
- Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of solutions to project stakeholders.
- Defining features, phases, and solution requirements.
- Providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Work closely with the delivery team and provide the right support and information to set them up to success meaning the deliverable is on time and on budget and ensuring that it solves the problem it was designed to solve.
- Must be well informed and be involved when called upon on product development processes, costs, and budgeting.
When will the CSA be needed:
- Sales Support and Training to sales colleagues in particular their initial client incursions
- Direct Sales support to Non standard, Non systematic solution offerings.
- Direct Sales support once the required solutions grow more complex and entail a bigger number of processes and risks
- In Sales opportunities where many technology risks are present, uncertain requirements can appear, multiple products/modules must be implemented at once, or the underlying technologies are not fully mature yet.
- When communications between stakeholders and engineers need to be established. A CSA will help to fill the communication gap between technical and non-technical specialists.
- Collaboration with the product management team, solution architects cover the risks of product misalignment with stakeholder requirements and ensure that the solution fits the defined purpose.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or related B.S. degree in engineering/environmental studies)
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in Data science or Informatics with a proven experience in Environmental applications are also welcome to share their application
- 8+ years of experience working in the field of clean water management and/or waste/storm water collection and/or treatment.
- Proven experience using Hydraulic/Hydrology/Treatment Process modelling tools.
- Proven experience of GIS
- Proven Experience on working with multidisciplinary projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent communication skills and focused on working collaboratively.
- Deep analytical skills
- Designing a solution requires understanding how different parts of the business work together. The architect must recognize the corporate strategy and realize all business processes that define how a company achieves its strategic goals. But the CSA must also understand tech specifics.
- Project and resource management skills
- While we are not expecting the CSA to get directly involved in project management, accounting for deadlines and given resources is inevitable. The CSA must be able to make decisions about which solutions are advantageous and which are worthless in a given situation. The CSA must be focused on business results and understand how to achieve them according to the given timeframes and resources.
- Specific Hydro informatic training
- Experience in software development
- Experience with real time decision support systems applied to the water cycle