Senior Accountant – CasablancaFinance | Morocco, Morocco
Assistant Financial Controller: North Africa
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Xylem Water Solutions seeks to appoint a Assistant Financial Controller, to be established in Casablanca, Morocco.
- Contact for accounting team in India – AR/ AP/ Cashbook
- Contact for payroll accounting
- Appropriate provisioning and accrual calculations
- Analysis of costing calculations and variations of Sensus Algeria.
- Analysis of inventory, excess and obsolete stock
- Support Financial controller in India with Adhoc requirements as part of Reporting
Management reporting and analysis
- Submission of financial reports as required by the Company and Group on a timely and accurate basis.
- Establish and maintain financial control systems in a manner that ensures that financial information is complete and accurate.
- Maintain the balance sheet hygiene & recons including sub-ledger accounts of all the entities through periodic audit Schedules
- Drive the timely closing of the books of account for all the units with highest level of accuracy and compliance with the applicable Xylem accounting policies Xylem calendar issued by the corporate team is the guide for this
Team management and motivation
- Training of staff as and when required
- Ensuring that finance staff operate in accordance with the Company policies and procedures and in a manner that tasks are completed accurately and promptly.
- Work as part of the management team of Sensus Morocco & Algeria
- Reviewing & ensuring payment of suppliers & payroll
- Collection of overdue accounts
- Controlling and monitoring of Company working capital in accordance with Company and Group policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance by staff with the Company and Group policies and procedures, SOX policies, delegation of authority and Company segregation of duties.
- With Country specific legislation and regulations (Algeria/ Morocco).
- Preparation of board meeting packs/ minutes in French
- General administration functions for the Sensus Morocco business including supporting the HR function/ translating key documents.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent professional qualification
- 5 to 7 years post-qualification financial controlling & operational accounting experience
- Have worked for a multinational before as financial controller
- Speak and write English, French & Arabic fluently – NOT NEGOTIABLE
- Profound analytical skills for identifying and solving problems in a deadline driven environment
- System Competences: MS Excel, MS Word, SAP ERP, Onestream advantageous
- SOX experience advantageous
- Company and tax law of Egypt, Algeria and Morocco.
- Experience in working in Egypt, Algeria and Morocco.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful