Senior SDETEngineering | India, India
Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Software Test Engineer for development of key parts of the AMI / AMR product space.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the Delivery Team to ensure requirements are testable and goals are met
- Be proactive in understanding product roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services
- Collaborate with analysts and developers to identify the scope of testing
- Document and maintain system test specification and other related documents
- Write comprehensive manual test cases for new UI and API features with clear pass/fail criteria.
- Plan and create automation of regression, functional, integration testing using inhouse automation framework.
- Set up and manage test environments
- Write clear and complete bug reports.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Communication
- Experience with Java programming for test automation
- Experience with at least one testing framework
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Must be quick learner, can adopt new technologies processes
- Knowledge of contract-based testing
- Knowledge of planning and creating test design of new system from scratch is required
- Working knowledge of writing, deploying and monitoring automated system is required
- Knowledge of any log aggregation tools to diagnose environmental and application state is required
- Working knowledge of writing queries in any NoSQL DB environment, preferably MONGO DB, is required
- Knowledge of API testing using tools such as Postman
Bonus Experience and/or Training(not required):
- OAuth knowledge is a plus
- Experience working in Kubernetes and AWS environment is a plus
- Knowledge of any programming and scripting languages, and bash shell is a plus
- Experience working in CI-based development environment is a plus
- Experience with testing high load systems is a plus
- Working knowledge of any time series data is a plus
- Cypress.io experience is a plus
- Adaptive learner- Learns quickly; applying knowledge from one domain to another, asking questions, following procedures but also challenging set ways of doing things when appropriate. Always being curious and availing self of all sources of technical, market, competitor and customer information.
- Innovative Thinking- Creates exciting new products, systems or solutions that solve real-world customer problems and anticipate customer needs by challenging assumptions, thinking 'outside the box', generating new ideas, experimenting and being ready to take on risks, scanning other fields for new ideas, leveraging existing technology and constantly looking for ways to do things better.
- Cross-Boundary Collaborator - Collaborates effectively within his/her own team and across functional, business, geographic, and cultural boundaries, showing a willingness to work with others, share information and insight, and leverage different points of view. Proactively shares perspective and needed information with others in a timely and direct manner, helps others to achieve their goals. Works effectively within matrixed organizations across Xylem and collaborates on solutions that optimally address larger organization as well as local team goals.
Demonstrates sensitivity to interpersonal and cultural differences by adapting his or her own communication and working style appropriately, and acting in a respectful, inclusive way across geographic, cultural, functional, and organizational boundaries.
- Systems Thinking- Visualizes cause and effect relationships in complex systems, seeing connections between variables, deconstructing complex system problems down to discrete elements, foreseeing challenges before they become issues, understanding the effects of what-if scenarios and actions on products, systems, and customer applications.
- Technical Problem Solving - Solves complex technical problems with precision, differentiating symptom from root cause, utilizing all available tools, methods and resources and persisting in the face of obstacles