Leopold I.M.S 200 media retainer
- Suitable for drinking water plants and desalination plants
- Provides even backwash distribution to deep clean filter media
- More driving head results in longer filter runs
- Reduces construction costs reducing vertical footprint by 11-14 inches (28-35 cm) by eliminating gravel support allowing for the same media depth in less vertical space
- Physically rigid design reduces flexing and withstands pressures up to 15 psi
- Engineered slots support media down to 400 microns
Designed to improve efficiency and reliability
As part of the complete Leopold FilterWorx® filter system, the I.M.S® 200 media retainer is compatible with all Leopold underdrains and is a more effective option than using gravel in most applications. Thanks to its physically rigid construction and injection-molded slots, the slots allow for uniform distribution of air and water, while preventing sand and media from passing through or obstructing the underdrain slots.
I.M.S 200 media retainer is engineered to allow for more available media expansion for improved backwashing and air and water distribution, eliminating deadspaces, and providing longer filter runs for cleaner media. The patent pending baffles on the bottom of the plate are designed to ensure air doesn’t roll to the high end of the cap.
The I.M.S® media retainers replace up to 14 inches (36 cm) of gravel media support allowing for the same media depth in less vertical space and longer air/water backwash.
Flexibility, affordability, and performance
Beyond exceptional, worry-free performance, the I.M.S 200 media retainers deliver a host of other benefits including lower capital expenditures related to its ease of installation and potential for a smaller vertical footprint, reduced operational expenses due to longer filter runs using less water and energy, and the product’s performance over an extended period of time.
As part of the complete Leopold FilterWorx filter system, it is compatible with all Leopold underdrains. I.M.S. media retainers are factory installed on the Leopold underdrains saving time and labor during installation.