Leopold Backwash water troughs
- Conserve media while removing backwash water efficiently
- Durable and corrosion resistant
- Reduce costly, significant media loss from occurring
- Enable sustained concurrent air/water filter backwash
- Reduce backwash water consumption
Durable and easy-to-install backwash water troughs with or without media retention baffles
Xylem's Leopold fiberglass backwash water troughs are used in water and wastewater filters to provide uniform removal of wash water during backwashing. A wide selection of carrying capacities will meet any design requirement.
Molded of densely laminated fiberglass-reinforced plastic, Xylem's troughs are durable, corrosion resistant, reinforced for strength and stiffness, and maintenance free. They are easy and economical to install, with no costly forming work, and all mounting brackets, hardware, and stabilizers are stainless steel.
The optional stainless steel Trough-Guard media retention baffles reduce media loss during a sustained air/water backwash over the wash-water trough weir edge.