Cybersecurity is the protection of a computer system and networks from disruption, manipulation, theft, or damage of the services they provide. Cybersecurity as a Service is an outsourced data and network protection system that lowers security costs and reduces risk by leveraging external expertise.
Why is cybersecurity important to water?
- Cybercrime is predicted to cost the world $8 trillion USD / 7.5T € in 2023, and reach $10.5T USD / 9.8T € by 2025, up from $3T USD / 2.8T € in 2015.
- 150 Vulnerable Products used in water and wastewater systems
- 3rd Most Targeted Sector when compared to other critical infrastructure
- Number of Threat Actors Increasing: 7 threat actors shown to specifically target water and wastewater infrastructure globally
- 20,000 Utility Employees say cyber threats are what they fear could have the biggest impact on operations
- $18.2 Million USD / 17.5 Million € costs incurred due to a 2019 ransomware attack against a water utility in Maryland, US
Please see Cybersecurity Assessment Services flyer for sources.