Lead design engineer - Plastic productsEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Design, development, and integration of metering products comprised of plastic, metal, and hyper-elastic materials for electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Create and maintain DFM, DFMEA, BOM, drawings with GD&T, Tolerance stack, and Tooling feasibility.
- 2D/3D CAD preparation and detail engineering using Creo
- Carry out design change request on-time bound manner.
- Selection of various grades of plastic, rubber and metallic materials per application and cost viability.
- Carry out fill, pack, cool and warp analysis in injection molding simulation software. Preferably Sigmasoft, Autodesk Moldflow.
- Independently perform the task and can mentor the peers.
- Communicate with cross-functional and cross-cultural team.
- Willing to travel local/global site for short to long duration based on need.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- B.Tech./ BE in Mechanical/Plastic engineering.
- 4-5 years of experience in plastic product engineering.
- Sound understanding of plastic, hyper-elastic and metallic materials
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding process.
- Hands-on experience of Creo software & PDM windchill.
- Experience with GD&T, Tolerance Stack up analysis, DFM and DFMEA.
- Knowledge of injection mold simulation is advantageous
- Demonstrated leadership and technical qualities
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of international & industry standards.