Technical AuthorEngineering | Portsmouth, UK, United Kingdom
Technical Author - Xylem UK
Xylem UK, a leading provider of innovative solutions for water and wastewater treatment, is seeking a talented Technical Author to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with our Regional Service and Rental Teams to produce high quality documentation for utility pumping station refurbishments and other projects.
- Develop a complete suite of documentation in accordance with Utility Companies standards, including H&S manual, O&M manual and an Asset Integration manual.
- Line management of administrative support
- Obtain technical information from subject matter experts, Project Engineers, Site Engineers and contractors
- Generate CAD drawings as necessary
- Organize the approval, issuing, filing and printing of documentation
- Develop and maintain a detailed database of reference materials to enable efficient production of manuals
- Standardize tools, processes, and ways of communicating
- Act as the key point of contact with Utility Company Integration Teams, responsible for communicating progress against delivery of documentation.
- Meet personal targets and development goals while contributing to team and department targets
- Comply with Xylem’s Policies and Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Proven experience in a technical writing or documentation role, with a focus on producing high-quality, accurate and detailed manuals for complex projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex technical information for a non-technical audience
- Proficiency in using CAD software and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, with a strong attention to detail and quality assurance
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in line management and ability to lead and motivate a team
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and to establish strong relationships with stakeholders
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, and experience in producing H&S documentation
- Degree in Engineering, Technical Writing or a related field is preferred but not essential
- Strong knowledge of utility pumping station refurbishments and related projects is desirable.
If you're an experienced Technical Author looking for an exciting new challenge, we want to hear from you. Xylem offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive compensation, and opportunities for growth and development. Apply today and join us in making a difference to communities around the world.