Supply Chain AnalystOperations | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking to hire an experienced Supply Chain Analyst. The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for analyzing cost and operational data to identify and implement improvement opportunities. Successful candidates will be strong, critical thinkers who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of continuous improvement.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Understand the functional areas of procurement, materials planning, commodity management, operations and finance and how they support the supply chain
- Analyze cost and operational data in order to identify opportunities for improvement, productivity, trends and/or to enable decision making.
- Accountable for Contract Manufacturing costing model execution. This includes internal cross functional collaboration and data gathering.
- Lead all Outsourcing Manufacturing RFQ processes, including developing “should cost” models, analysis and business award recommendations. This may include creating/designing RFQ templates and requirements.
- Act as Single point of contact for our Contract Manufacturing partners for pricing and cost management/ issue resolution.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree with Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering major at a minimum.
- 3+ years of Supply Chain Management/Purchasing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, communication, project management, organizational, and leadership skills are required.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience working with vendors in low-cost regions.
- Experience working with contract manufacturers including knowledge of Bills of Materials, Manufacturing processes, and Value Add cost components.
- Ability to effectively analyze and utilize ERP reports and systems, preferably BPCS.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed to complete the stated objectives.
- Strong presentation skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.