Sr. Practice Solutions ArchitectSales | Any Location - United States, United States
We’re Hiring for a Senior Practice Solution Architect!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Sr. Practice Solution Architect will be a trusted advisor to clients and will lead digital transformation programs focused in a key practice area of Xylem’s consultative offerings (e.g. Non-Revenue Water (NRW), Wastewater Networks, Wastewater Treatment) that will meaningfully improve their operations. You’ll be responsible for scoping ambitious and achievable programs to help clients make significant progress on their goals, which may include reducing non-revenue water, sewer overflows, and energy consumption, and/or improving water quality, cash flow and operational resilience. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Develop deep expertise in Xylem’s solutions in a core domain area
- Develop deep expertise in your domain area (e.g. NRW, wastewater networks, wastewater treatment) and demonstrate a solid understanding of all major aspects of your clients’ systems from the operator’s point of view
- Earn a certification by the relevant Xylem Global Practice Lead in Xylem’s decision intelligence approach in your domain area
- Develop a deep understanding of your client’s current systems, strategic priorities and challenges, and stakeholder environment, leveraging research frameworks and support from the Marketing and Client Solution Manager team
- Act as industry thought leader, obtaining industry engagement and speaking opportunities to raise Xylem profile in your specific practice area
Drive impact and growth by developing new programs with clients
- Deliver on assigned annual Sales budget for assigned practice area within the entire North Americas region
- Secure new client programs and sales in the practice area for which you are responsible across entire North Americas region to achieve orders and revenue growth objectives
- Use inbound and outbound marketing resources (e.g. webinars, social media, trade shows) to drive growth in the broader opportunity funnel
- Serve as the key domain expert for developing digital performance transformation programs in your focal area (e.g. NRW, wastewater networks, or wastewater treatment)
- Partner closely with Xylem Client Solution Managers and other commercial Managers to identify opportunities, make client pitches, and to introduce solutions in your area of expertise to clients
Connect the dots at Xylem
- Gain a thorough understanding of existing account activities across all of Xylem (including third-party distribution) by working across organizational boundaries and serve as a gateway to the capabilities of the rest of the company
- Work collaboratively across Xylem (CTs and GCs) to align and established joint priorities and pursuits
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA or master’s degree in related area preferred.
- 10+ years of related industry experience required.
- Strong consultative skills
- Knowledge of the company’s industry and specific product knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of digital solutions offerings, customer value creation, development of varied business models
- Previous budget responsibility preferred.
- Understanding and proficiency in Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Marketo, Salesforce.com, Digital Asset Management platforms, Workfront marketing workflow management.
- Clear working knowledge of effective communications channels required and proficiency in digital marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and develop deep impact, high value-added client relationships that developed over several years.
- External: Influential customers and other relevant value chain players (consultants, contractors, etc), strategic advisors to the business, EPA and other gov’t entities, trade associations and participation in industry events
- Internal: Xylem Vue business team, product management/marketing/sales leaders across the company ensuring full Xylem offer is presented/communicated and delivered for customers, digital marketing execution teams.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment: Office, standard weekly job hours are 40 hours, and the travel requirement is up to 50%.
The estimated salary range for this position is $160,000 to $170,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.