EHSSS Coordinator IIOperations | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
We’re Hiring for a EHSSS Coordinator II!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The EHSSS Coordinator II will be responsible for the development, implementing, and ensuring compliance in EHSSS. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Development, implement, and ensure compliance in EHSSS
- Evaluate EHS activities to determine adherence to corporate policies and programs, as well as Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Maintain the corporate management systems
- Oversee compliance with governmental regulations and corporate programs
- Perform audits, inspections and reporting for regulatory compliance, analyze and implement solutions of all environmental permits and processes (NPDES, SPCC, EPCRA, Form R, site wide disposal efforts, etc. and remediation activities.
- Execute onsite support services for the entire lifecycle of a hazardous materials management programs by performing chemical inventories, segregating chemicals, and shipping hazardous waste off-site
- Respond to chemical spill emergencies in assisting the containment, clean up, and disposal of hazardous materials
- Ensures compliance with site security and emergency preparedness
- Development and perform routine training related to EHSSS
- Assist department with the EHSSS expertise and contribute to the compliance of Corporate, State and Federal EHSSS policies and regulations.
- Lead safety teams, safety committees, first aid teams, etc)
- Perform environmental regulatory inspections for Air, Water, Waste, etc and analyze results of the inspections.
- Lead sustainability efforts to reduce waste to landfill, electricity, nature gas, water use, etc.
- Develop and implementation of programs designed for Continuous Improvement with EHS efforts
- Direct Operation in achieving overall facility compliance and place focus on moving beyond compliance
- Lead the respirator, hearing conservation, safety shoes, safety glasses First aid, BBP and all compliance training.
- Assist in accident investigation programs and procedures to ensure work related injuries are reported and investigated in order to prevent reoccurrences.
- Perform Risk Assessments and assist in driving corrective actions and creative solutions.
- Maintain all training files, lead forklift training and recertifications for all training topics
- Maintain metrics weekly/monthly to EHS Manager
- Work with supervisors and managers regarding health and safety matters
- Interact with vendors and contractors and compliance while onsite
- Maintain permits (hot work, confined space, etc)
- Conduct ergonomic assessments to determine the safety of employees
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Education – Requires a degree in EHS, related field from an accredited school
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in the field or in a related manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to influence change
- Proficient in computer skills
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.