Customer Experience SpecialistOperations | Nashville, TN, United States
We’re Hiring a Customer Experience specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Customer Experience Specialist will be responsible for assisting customers in a personalized and friendly manner to ensure every experience is an exceptional one. In this role, the incumbent will also need to be available to assist customers with their Xylem product selection and availability, order entry, product delivery and return and invoicing. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Manage inbound phone calls, online inquires and customer walk-ins.
- Process customer requests such as rental quote generation and order placement over the phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Answer routine product questions and direct questions to appropriate service or sales personnel when necessary.
- Enter orders and arrange delivery to all sites and locations per the individual agreement including an understanding of the agreement of freight terms.
- When needed, assist with loading product for customer delivery. Ensure delivery personnel have accurate site address details for delivery as well as appropriate paperwork for customer acceptance.
- Complete off-rental process in RentalResults. Schedule product pick-up and prepare paperwork for customer sign off.
- Support Service Shop Technicians in completing work orders and pulling necessary parts for product repair.
- Ensure purchase orders are properly entered into procurement system to include price and quantity. Complete process for receiving materials, goods, and services timely and accurately.
- Schedule and coordinate preventative and corrective maintenance for sales and delivery vehicles.
- Act as site champion for safety. Manage injury reporting through GenSuite. Participate in routine safety calls and/or meetings.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school graduate: 2- or 4-year college graduate preferred.
- Prior experience in a rental environment preferred.
- Solid math skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative.
- Resourceful and well organized; efficient and detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to frequent change in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong sense of responsibility and desire to complete tasks properly.
- Willingness and ability to always provide superior customer support, always keeping the customer experience as the top priority.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, coworkers, and management team
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Knowledge of all required systems (e.g., multiple ERP systems) and products.
- Forklift certification preferred.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility or customer job site.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and customers on a daily basis
- General office environment and use of phone and computer equipment.
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
The estimated salary range for this position is $25.00/Hr. to $28.00/Hr. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience, and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.