Outside Sales RepresentativeSales | Austin, TX, United States
We’re Hiring for an Outside Sales Rep!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Outside Sales Rep will be responsible for maximizing the financial performance of their territory by expanding the rental and sales of Xylem products and services. In this role, the incumbent will also utilize strong technical and product knowledge will solve customer fluid handling programs and increase company business through the development of pumping systems, products, aftermarket sales and services in the markets we serve. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Maximize the financial performance of the region by expanding the rentals and sales of Xylem products and services.
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline utilizing SalesForce.com.
- Establish new accounts while maintaining and increasing the sales volume of territory accounts and territories in compliance with all company policies, instructions, and directives. This includes aggressively soliciting orders through cold calling, developing construction marketing data leads, answering incoming requests and all other means possible.
- Apply application technologies to provide useful and practical service, pumps, and solutions to customers, while seeking new uses for company products.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to drive bid reporting services and lead management in addition to build company image to drive new opportunities and brand recognition within the territory.
- Identify, develop, and implement local marketing strategies to expand penetration of Xylem’s products
- Create synergy opportunities for cross-business selling based on Xylem solution set awareness.
- Be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices.
- Prepare and assist with various sales reports. This includes sales audits, bids, proposals, quotes, workload analysis, sales forecasts, territory potentials, call programs and routes, call reports and expense reports. Also submit any special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions as may be required.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, sales blitzes, committee activities, conventions and trade shows as directed. Participate in other worthwhile community activities as public relations asset to the company.
- Assist in the field training of any sales representative as requested.
- Keep abreast of and review/analyze Dodge Room and Contractors Exchange Research reports.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ sales or sales related experience (pump or rental industry preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value-based selling.
- Knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulic, pneumatics, water flow, diesel, gas, and electric motors in related field of pumps, pumping systems, equipment rental or construction preferred.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is required.
- Ability to present product education seminars to groups of 20-40 people is a must.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is both in office and visiting customer job sites as well as a shop environment. This position requires the ability to safely and effectively operate a company vehicle for extended periods of time throughout cities, job sites, major highways and interstates (including tunnels and bridges) and in all weather conditions. The standard weekly job hours are 40 hours and the travel requirement is up to 50%. This position requires the new hire to lift up to 70 lbs.
The estimated salary range for this position is $80,000 to $95,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.