CNC Machinist (3rd Shift)Operations | Dubois, PA, United States
We’re Hiring for a CNC Machinist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The CNC Machinist will be responsible for setting up and operating multipurpose CNC machines on any combination of machining operations such as milling, drilling, reaming, and cutting metal pieces to specifications. In this role, the individual will also assist in the programming and setup of CNC machines. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Review set-up sheets and specifications to determine sequence of set-up operation and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Creates and revises CNC machine programming for maximum efficiency.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool in machine spindles according to directions using machinist hand tools or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazine.
- May adjust machine speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic program is faulty or if machine malfunctions.
- Observe machine operation and verifies accuracy of machine work piece against blueprints or engineering drawings to measuring cuts to micrometer, dial indicators, and gauges.
- Support all safety and 5S requirements related to this position.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs
- High School Diploma/GED plus training as an CNC Machine Operator, or experience in a machine shop environment.
- Experience in reading and writing codes for CNC machine programming.
- Ability to read complicated drawings, layouts, method sheets and specifications.
- Knowledge of shop mathematics and use formulas, plus thorough knowledge of all basic machine operations, methods and setups.
- Should also be familiar with cutting quality of various metals, grinding and setting of tools according to metal characteristics
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is average shop conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. The physical demands may include but not limited to working in a standing position for 10+ hours/shift, considerable arm movement, lifting and handling of medium weight parts (up to 35 pounds).
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.