Photosynthetically Active Radiation with the EXO Platform
YSI has leveraged the versatility of the EXO platform to bring users photosynthetically active radiation (PAR), using the popular Li-COR sensors. Used in the context of this industry-leading water quality platform, one can assess light attenuation, primary productivity, Photosynthesis-Irradiance curves and a host of other light-dependent processes with one complete solution.
- Convenient Sampling Experience
- Folding frame system for easy portability
- Simple setup and operation
- Depth rating of 250 meters
- Single or dual sensor option
- Non-corrosive materials
- Easily removed for non-par applications
The EXO PAR System consists of an adapter that communicates through the EXO2 Auxiliary Port and a unique frame that supports the Photosynthetically Active Radiation sensor(s). The EXO manual describes how to use LiCOR sensor coefficients so that the sonde will deliver PAR outputs to either the EXO handheld or Kor Software, making the Photosynthetically Active Radiation sensor operate similarly to the EXO Smart Sensors. The SmartQC system does not support the Photosynthetically Active Radiation sensor.
EXO Smart Sensor Suite
All EXO sensors have onboard memory and processing, allowing users to easily calibrate and configure sensors at one location and distribute them to various field sites. Smart sensors are auto-recognized from any port of an EXO sonde making sensor payloads interchangeable and completely customizable.
Learn more about the EXO Sondes
- EXO1 sonde has 4 ports and a smaller diameter
- EXO2 sonde has 7 ports for the ultimate monitoring platform *EXO PAR only works with EXO2 sondes
- EXO3 sonde has 5 ports for a lower cost option using the central wiper
- EXO2s sonde offers the same features as the EXO2, but without the battery compartment