Sr. Engineer – CostingEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sr. Cost Engineer – Mechanical/Value engineering at ITC Vadodara location.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development of emerging disruptive technology and business solutions. Specifically, this role will be a key contributor to the expansion of Xylem’s current India Technology Center. Reporting to the Manager, Centre of Excellence Group at ITC - (Vadodara). As a member of the Cost Engineering Team, he/she will coordinate and leads cost engineering efforts to ensure optimum costing and coordination of direct material purchasing and sourcing for Xylem products globally. The successful candidate will work across functions and businesses to provide costing and financial acumen, as part of the target setting costing process, to ensure competitive supplier pricing and plays a key role within Xylem’s Value Engineering Center of Excellence, analyzing components and product costs as part of the value assessment and value engineering process
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Must possess knowledge of various polymerics manufacturing processes like Injection Molding, Rubber Molding, Roto Molding. Also Sheet plastics and Fibre Reinforced plastics manufacturing process knowledge is added advantage.
- Must have detailed understanding of variety of materials used for engineering products like plastics, rubbers and FRP/GRP grades.
- Must have understanding of polymerics material and ability to do benchmarking
- Analyzing elements of Product Cost Structure including Material cost, process costs, direct labor, bill of materials, overhead, SG&A, Profit
- Understanding of commodity global Market trends & historical datasets for polymerics category
- Costing Systems & global database maintenance: Time to time updating of process parameters such as Raw material prices, Machine hour rates, Labor rates, Cost Trends, Freight & Taxes
- Ability to create/config cost models & to perform should costing for parts/products for the various manufacturing process like Injection Molding, Rubber Molding etc.
- Uses best industry techniques and practices to establish fact based pricing positions, best value determinations and economic sourcing strategies.
- Supporting global category and commodity managers in deriving negotiation strategies & actual price negotiations
- Actively support New product program via providing should cost information for meeting target cost & monitoring the commercial gap closure with buyers.
- Lead VAVE, teardown and benchmarking projects using directional and other costing methodologies. Analyze the design features & suggest design change or ideas for cost reduction.
- Developing high level estimates for tooling and negotiation with tooling vendor.
- Areas of expertise include understanding of design & drawings, GD&T, various manufacturing process, tools and their process parameters, cost drivers, Process capabilities & fact based negotiation techniques.
- Plan and facilitate design reviews and workshop; working within cross-functional teams. Exert a shaping influence & drive project execution
- Complete project assignments per established schedules.
Pro-E/Creo knowledge a plus
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in supply chain, Manufacturing Process Plan and Execution methodologies in polymerics commodity
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering
- 2-Year Master Degree in Mechanical engineering/Production Engineering
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in supply chain, Manufacturing Process Plan and Execution methodologies in casting, machining, fabrication or polymerics commodities
- Key technical skills and knowledge.
- Expertise in various should costing methodologies like Zero base costing, Supplier base costing etc and systems (aPriori or equivalent)
- Knowledge of various manufacturing process like Injection Molding, Rubber Molding, Roto Molding etc.
- Ability to identify material used, manufacturing process, etc.
- Costing analysis or design-to-cost experience a plus
- Global insights of commercial database for major manufacturing processes
- Problem-solving and data analytical skills.
- Cost Gap Analysis (Supplier quote vs should cost) and capable of handling supplier negotiations.
- Knowledge of international & industry standards.
- Component development as per PPAP/APQP
- Proficiency in Creo a plus
- Project / Program Management skills
- Value Engineering Certification (SAVE) a plus
- Costing analysis or design-to-cost experience
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively manage tasks/prioritie.
- Effective communication in English is must.
- Microsoft office package – Excel and PowerPoint. – Experienced user.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office environment
- Teardown the product and moving small part/equipment
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Opportunity to work with international people.
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Most of the work is related to design and engineering for new as well as old product.
- Opportunities may include travelling abroad for various job assignments.
- Opportunity to be a part of a new team and building up the function