- Compact size
- 10-year battery life warranty/15-year meter warranty
- No moving parts
- 60 days of hourly data
- Built-in diagnostics
- Meter health
- Reverse flow
- Air in the meter
- Temperature compensation
- Fixed factor pressure compensation
- Sonix 12/16/25
- Sonix 2000
- Sonix 600-880
Sonix gas meters are designed in accordance with the following standards:
Construction and Performance
- Construction to relevant sections of:
- OIML R6:1989 General Provisions for Gas Volume Meters
- ANSI B109.2 Diaphragm Type Gas Displacement Meters
- Measurement Canada PS-G-06 approval AG-0514
- Electrical Safety
- UL1604, Third Edition: Electrical Equipment for Use in Class I and Class II, Division 2, and Class III Hazardous Classified Locations, Rev. 1995
- CSA C22.2 No. 213, First Edition: Non-Incentive Electrical Equipment for Use in Class I, Division 2 Hazardous Locations, Rev. 1999
- Ingress Protection
- NEMA 3R enclosure rating (IP22)
- Immunity (Magnetic and Radiated)
- IEC 61000-4-8:1993 for Magnetic Immunity
- IEC 61000-4-3:1995 for Radiated Immunity
- Vibration and Shock
- IEC 60068/2-6 and IEC 60068-2-31
- EMC Emissions
- Title 47 of the CFR, Part 18 Subpart C – 18.309(a) and 18.311 Radiated Emission Limits for Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) Equipment, Ultrasonic Devices.
- BS EN 61107 1996, Data Exchange for Meter Reading, Tariff and Load Control—Direct Local Data Exchange
No Need for Moving Parts. Or Costly Repairs.
Using digital ultrasonic technology, our Sonix® ultrasonic meters are designed with no moving parts, virtually eliminating the cost of repairs. These meters retain their calibration. They also provide alerts for tampering and for malfunctions. Their compact design affords flexible installation options.
The electronic platform allows you to include automatic meter reading more cost effectively and to upgrade the meter with the latest options while it is still in service.
For remote data collection and storage, Sonix meters feature a pulse output option. The two-wire pulse output enables them to send data to any Form A pulse accumulation hardware. The combination of Sonix meters and remote data collection devices provide a sound solution for today’s growing need for measurement accuracy and lowest total cost of ownership.
Benefits to you
- Provides highly accurate measurement and reliability
- Increases functionality while using significantly less material
- Performs more efficiently
- Increases savings with reduced installation and labor costs
Sensus is committed to the safe use of natural gas. That’s why we’ve partnered with the Common Ground Alliance to mark all gas meters sold in the United States with a “Call 811 Before You Dig” decal. It’s a simple way to educate and remind homeowners to make sure underground lines are marked before digging—to avoid damage or injury.