Technical Support RepresentativeOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Provide quality application and technical support for our scientific instrumentation products to Xylem Analytics customers while striving to add customer value by meeting established customer service metrics.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide consistent Technical Support to customers regarding water quality, process monitoring and/or telemetry instrumentation via phone calls, emails, and online chats.
- Document customer interactions and manage follow up responsibilities.
- Maintain customer databases (Oracle and SalesForce.com).
- Develop technical sales and application information. (Manuals, Guides, Videos, Webinars, etc.)
- Develop and/or review internal and external facing technical documentation.
- Recommend product solution based on customer’s application needs.
- Provide competitive selling information to customers
- Manage key customer relationships.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, visit customers, and perform training seminars as needed.
- Share product quality, marketing and market intelligence information with appropriate internal team members.
- Provide testing and feedback for QA/QC and R&D projects.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degree in natural resources, environmental, physical sciences or electronics engineering.
- At least 2 to 3 years of technical experience in a field such as a water testing role or working with analytical instrumentation is required.
- Prior customer service experience is required.
- Ability to work independently and maintain cohesiveness with the tech support team.
- Time and workload management with deadline awareness is required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- Customer service oriented with ability to resolve complex customer conflicts/problems.
- Strong awareness to “follow-up” requirements.
- Working knowledge of PCs and PC software. (Oracle, Salesforce, MS Office, Shoretel)
- Competent with various media options.
- Typing rate of 40-45 words per minute preferred.
- Knowledge of analytical water testing instrumentation and applications.
- Ability to analyze/interpret water quality data.
- Situation Analysis and decision making skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with colleagues throughout the organization.
- Technical proficiency, both mechanical and electrical.
- Physical demands of lifting up to 20 pounds from floor to waist or floor to shoulder level on an occasional basis.
- Maintain a focus on safety following all environmental health and safety guidelines.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- 8:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
- Travel up to 10% required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.