Site ManagerOperations | Columbia, MD, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Site Manager is accountable for the safe and quality delivery of our technical inspection work within a project. They will work closely with the Project Manager to understand the scope of the inspection and provide inputs for the inspection schedule and budget and coordinate the assembly of the inspection plan. During the on-site inspection work, the Site manager will oversee coordinating our field teams, sub-contractors and liaising with the client to ensure safe and successful inspections.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with Project Manager to plan and deliver the inspection scope of a project, providing necessary inputs for schedule and budget.
- Leads subject-matter experts and Tool Specialists to plan detailed inspection work, including resources requirements (people and equipment), site modifications necessary, pipeline operational requirements, schedules.
- Complies detailed plan into a concise document provided to the client.
- Coordinates preparation and planning of multiple complex projects simultaneously, understanding, with advanced knowledge, lead times, risks, and execution complexities.
- Coordinates and manages subcontractors onsite
- Effectively directs, delegates, during planning and execution to project team
- In charge on site to lead our team to be prepared, professional and safe, communicating directly with client and subcontractors for a successful inspection.
- Leads, directs, and ensures field service team is following proper SOP’s and safety protocols for proper equipment handling, storage, and compliance
- Monitors inspection schedule and scope, communicating with project manager any material changes. Analyzes and identifies critical timelines independently to ensure project success
- Leads or delegates site safety meetings and completion of proper documentation
- Consistently identifies, monitors, and takes action to mitigate risk and solve complex issues
- Manages top priority inspections within an area or region, simultaneously planning and executing inspections in a tight schedule while meeting deliverable dates
- Directs and leads client communication and meetings during planning, site visit and execution
- Leads by example and urges proper timesheet, expense, and admin adherence
- Expected to raise observations/concerns and recognition to team and leadership as required
- Focused on continuous improvement by consistently looking for ways to improve and promote quality, efficacy, and safety
- Mentor staff and provide effective feedback to direct managers on regular basis
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED with 6 or more years of previous field/shop/construction experience
- Post-Secondary education a plus; certification in engineering discipline preferred; with 4-5 years of previous work experience in a field/shop/construction environment
- Ability to analyze contrasting solutions and employ innovative thinking to solve complex problems, successfully managing people and situations
- Previous experience working with or within a water services/utility organization a must
- Strong knowledge of water systems
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Effectively communicates written and verbally as well as strong technical writing skills
- Proven ability to delegate tasks to others, provide feedback and communicate technical requirements/updates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Exhibits proficient technical/mechanical aptitude proven through education/work experience
- Experience working directly with customers/clients
- Must have a valid driver’s license and DOT Medical Card; must have a reasonable driver’s record
- Safety and CPR certification an asset
- Confined space certification a plus
- Water Operations License an asset
- Previous management/leadership experience an asset
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Be able to stand on feet for a prolonged amount of time
- May need to bend, lift, carry, and stretch to perform duties
- Continually required to use hands and fingers and reach with arms
- Frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work requires ability to work outdoors in various weather, traffic, and environmental conditions.
- Up to 50% Travel
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.