Senior Project Manager, DISEngineering | Lisboa, Portugal, Portugal
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 22.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Project Manager to lead and oversee our Digital Solutions projects. If you have a proven track record in project management, team leadership, and software delivery, along with familiarity in public tendering processes, risk assessment and management, budget and execution plan elaboration and a deep interest in the water sector and environmental issues, we invite you to join our dynamic team and contribute to the advancement of water utility services. The successful candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end management of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Project Leadership: Lead and manage end-to-end digital solutions projects, ensuring successful delivery on time and within budget.
- Develop and maintain project plans, including schedules, budgets, and resource requirements.
- Monitor and report on project progress, identifying and mitigating risks and issues as necessary.
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with contractual obligations and customer requirements.
- Team Management: Lead project teams, fostering collaboration and maximizing their potential.
- Stakeholder Management: Liaise with customers, internal teams, and third-party suppliers to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- Methodology Expertise: Apply both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies and principles as appropriate to project requirements.
- PMO Implementation: Contribute to the design and implementation of a Project Management Office (PMO) structure to enhance project management capabilities.
- Knowledge and Application: Demonstrate a deep understanding of PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) principles and apply them effectively in project management activities.
- Public Tendering: Familiarity with public tendering processes and management of public contracts.
- Risk Management: Experience with risk assessment and management practices and implementation of due diligence processes.
- Budget and Execution Plans: Experience with elaborating and justifying execution budgets and execution plans for complex projects and programs.
- Resource Management: Experience with shared team resource management.
- Commercial Support: Identify and pursue opportunities to grow the business through the development of new projects in the context of ongoing projects. Provide direct support to Sales Teams when required.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance during project execution with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, etc.); PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is a plus.
- Demonstrate a record of 15+ years in the software development and delivery industry.
- Maintain a professional level of English language proficiency. Proficiency in other languages is a valuable asset.
- At least 7 years of experience as a Project Manager or relatable management activities.
- Familiarity with and strong interest in the water sector and environmental issues.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills.
LOCATION: Full Remote from Portugal
CONTRACT: Permanent, full time
BENEFIT: Bonus + life insurance
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: occasionally when required as part of project execution and other internal company commitments.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.