1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Software / Firmware Engineer (Designation Engineer or Senior Engineer)
Brief about Role: The Firmware / Embedded Software Engineer will perform the role of electronic Software developer for PCBs which includes Digital and Analog circuit, Wired and Wireless Communication Design, Analog and Digital Input Design. He/she will be responsible for software implementation on Micro-controllers, DSPs and other computational as well as communication platforms, electronic hardware testing and system integration for Xylem’s next generation electrical drives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated design experience in Embedded C working with TI DSPs, Microcontroller based systems for 8, 32 and 64 bit systems
- Hands-on experience on Software implementation for Electrical Drives and their control algorithm
- Hands on experience in operating analog and digital circuits and to interface them with processor
- Understanding of schematics of Digital and analog circuits, communication methodologies, isolated OPAMPs and Communication ICs etc
- Hands-on experience on Communication e.g. RS485, RS232, CAN, SPI, I2C, GSM/GPRS
- Hands-on experience on Communication Protocol Modbus serial, Modbus TCP, IEC 104
- Work with Hardware Engineers to help them in System Integration and Troubleshooting
- Iteratively develop proof-of-concept implementations, prototypes and demos to fine-tune technologies to practical, state of the art systems
- Ability to work hands-on in cross-functional teams with a strong sense of self-direction
- Develop an awareness of modern technology systems and design alternatives
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of software design standards and best practices
- Prepare reports and presentations on the status of the design and development process for discussion with management and/or team members
- Direct research on emerging software products and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Train, manage and provide guidance to hired GETs
- Perform all other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Total experience 3 -7 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering (or related field)
- Master’s degree in Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering (optional)
- Three or more years of experience working software for analog and digital circuits
- Hands-on experience for software on µC, FPGA, DSP boards
- Hands-on with Control Algorithms for Electrical Drives
- Hands on experience with sensors, OPAMP, Communication ICs for 4G and interface circuits
- Hands-on experience on various communication technologies such as RS232/422/485, I2C, SPI, CAN, etc.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience using DSO, Logic Analyzer, Multimeter, etc.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Competent and proficient understanding of Operating Systems such as Linux and Windows
- Knowledge in theoretical Power Electronics, Field Oriented Control, Direct Torque Control is highly desirable.
- Knowledge in Power Electronics Applications is desirable
- Passion to develop novel Electrical Drives desirable
- Hands on experience in MATLAB/SIMULINK/PSIM/PSPICE and/or any other simulation tool would be an advantage
- Knowledge in CAD drawings would be an advantage
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Skill to gather, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Ensures that others involved in a project/effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Knowledge of communication styles and techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Skill to prioritize workflow in a changing work environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.