Prototyping and testing EngineerResearch & Development | Strzelin, Poland, Poland
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
About the role:
Prototyping and testing Engineer performs basic mechanical design and optimization of components. Define methodologies for testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems and follows up on prototyping and test plans. With strict connection and cooperation with Eng. Mgr. of Product Support and other company areas, he will be able to fully understand any request about product testing and he will select appropriate tooling and test equipment, complete the installation and tests and issue a test report.
- Participate in definition of prototyping procedures, to effectively support the business
- Participate in definition of testing procedures and analysis of results, to effectively support the business
- Performs tests on existing products and on prototypes (pumps, motors, electronic devices, etc.)
- Will take care of maintaining laboratory compliance
- Will design new test equipment and installations with external/internal support
- On continuous improvement approach, he will revise and keep updated the system for request/management of tests performed by the lab
- Cooperate with other labs (int/ext to Xylem) and leverage lab practices within Xylem
- Mechatronic engineering degree (5 years) or equivalent
- Good technical experience in electromechanical design/applications
- Knowledge of CAD 3D software (Pro.Engineer preferred)
- Strong orientation to customer, both internal and external and awareness for a service with high impact on the business
- Solid in utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of tools (including Access)
- Good spoken and written English
- Preferred knowledge of measuring devices/principles
- Ability to teamwork
- Flexibility, good communication skills, task-oriented
- Responsibility for assigned duties and tools
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.