Project ManagerProject Management | Columbia, MD, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Project Manager (PM) will lead cross functional teams to deliver high quality projects. The PM will be accountable for the safe delivery of projects that meet financial commitments and client expectations. This would be inclusive of project initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control, and close out of concurrent projects.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Facilitate meetings (such as planning meetings, project update meetings, deliverables meetings) with client, and other external stakeholders as necessary, to review and define scope of the project; obtain additional documentation as required.
- Accountable for the financial health of all projects based on contract terms inclusive of project charter, schedule, budget, accurate forecasting and accruals while owning approved project margins for each project
- Develop project execution plan that reflects/encompasses a full project schedule, budget and risks.
- Facilitate internal project kick off meetings, such as project kick off, planning, risk mitigation, etc., with critical stakeholders ensuring adequate representation from business development, subject matter experts, field delivery personnel to guarantee project goals are met.
- Primary point of contact with clients and third-party subcontractors; will enable open lines of communication between client, sub-contractors, field delivery, and other support groups to ensure successful execution of the project
- Lead the project team in accomplishing projects goals while keeping the project to scope, on schedule, and within budget
- Accountable for reviewing contract terms and implementing change orders as required; will escalate contractual risks and costs as required.
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed of project activities and deliverables, will flag unanticipated risks quickly to ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are implemented
- Adhere to company project management processes, standard operating procedures, periodic financial cadence and company safety programs
- Create accurate and timely invoices and change orders; submit to clients in accordance to standards
- Prepare for and facilitate internal and external closeout meetings and lessons learned; may conduct internal presentations for learning purposes
- Accountable for adhering to project document control processes, ensuring project files are complete for future reference as required
- Ensure safe work practices and SOPS are implemented throughout the project life cycle
- Ensure client deliverables have completed the appropriate technical reviews prior to on time delivery to client
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Post-Secondary education, with a preferred minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience or High School Diploma with a preferred minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Experience with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) preferred
- Excellent team leadership skills and experience; prior indirect/direct supervisory experience an asset
- Is highly influential and persuasive, develops trusted relationships internally and externally
- Strong business acumen, understands project margin drivers, market and environmental factors
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working directly with customers/clients
- Previous water industry knowledge is an asset.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Proven ability to make decisions that are based on analytics/facts/observations and adhere to standard operating procedures/policies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to ensure project deliverables are compliant with all applicable codes and standards, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety, Environment, and Quality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand or walk; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands and fingers, handle standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to view a computer monitor, spreadsheets, documents and other reports for extended periods of time.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- May be required to travel to meet with clients or be present on worksite. Less than 25%.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.