Project Manager / Project Engineer (Derby - Hybrid)Project Management | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Project Manager / Project Engineer (Derby - Hybrid)
To lead and manage all elements of larger and complex contracts from initial planning to closure, encompassing contract execution, project engineering, customer liaison, project purchasing, expediting, planning, site installations and commissioning activities. The role will require the management of multiple projects of varying complexity.
Accountable for ensuring that work is executed to client satisfaction within the stated timescales, the assigned budgets, in compliance with the contractual specifications, contract terms and conditions plus adherence to all current company procedures.
Responsible for managing the project stakeholders, project team, finances, communication, adherence to the project schedule and the resolution of project conflicts. Responsible for closing the contract and/or transferring of the contract to the aftermarket/service team as appropriate.
In conjunction with the sales team, develops and implements strategies to continue and/or strengthen business opportunities with customers.
· Accountable for the generation and execution of the project plans, ensuring that team members understand and execute their roles efficiently, feels empowered and supported within the role, and are cognizant of the roles of the other team members.
· Responsible for developing, maintaining and effectively controlling the project finances and client/supplier relationship whilst maintaining accurate records from meetings, correspondence and reports to support a healthy commercial standing for the assigned project throughout the project lifecycle.
· Responsible for liaising with the client and sales team to ensure that the technical specifications and commercial requirements of the assigned projects are clearly understood and executed in a proficient and timely manner.
· Deployment of your skill base and knowledge of the contract requirements to develop and agree a project approach with the client and internal stakeholders alike.
· Definition of the specification requirements to internal colleagues and work packages allowing the evaluation and selection of suppliers, components and subcontract packages.
· Responsible for measuring project performance & progress, coordinating, communicating and monitoring a structured schedule of work and activities in accordance with defined milestones and project deliverables.
· Responsible for managing, monitoring and maintaining comprehensive project documentation in line with the assigned contract and company requirements.
· Understand the Health & Safety requirements of the contract and promote the necessity for a safe working environment throughout all aspects of the contract execution. To prepare and review Risk Assessments and Method Statements applicable to the project assigned.
· Accountable for the preparation and execution of subcontracts packages, including the definition for the procurement of products, materials and services.
· Responsible for the financial control of allocated contracts. To prepare monthly, a financial status and forecast for each assigned contract and manage cash flow & invoicing, defining any non-conformance costs and/or contract variations.
· Responsible for managing and mitigating project risk, utilising a project risk register and reporting significant risks arising through the appropriate channels.
· To promote and comply with the Company Quality Assurance system meeting current and future requirements. Will identify and suggest improvements to the said system.
Skills & Experience:
· Ability to undertake decisions that are in the best interests of the company and the project, whilst understanding the effect on timescales, the financial impact, and the engineering consequence.
· A working knowledge of Construction & Design Management (CDM), Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Health & Safety Plans, and the role of the company as a Principal Contractor.
· Sound commercial and contractual awareness.
· Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills.
· Computer literacy: Excel; Word; Power point; Microsoft Project; Microsoft Outlook.
· A detailed understanding of Forms of Contracts (e.g. NEC, IChemE, MF1). NEC4 being the most commonly used.
· The ability to work on an individual basis; and as circumstances dictate, as part of a larger group.
· Experience of executing contracts in the water industry. (Desirable)
· A fundamental engineering knowledge with the ability to read engineering drawings, understand schematics and understanding the basic flow of work through the project department. Electrical Drawings/Schematics; Mechanical Drawings (orthographic projection); Process Flow Diagrams.
· A basic understanding of the mechanical, electrical and process requirements of the project.
· Experience in project execution methodologies, including but not limited to Stakeholder Management, Risk Management, Scope Management, Claim Management, Project Quality Management, Scheduling & Resource Management, Project Management Planning, Change Control, Cost Management, Earned Value Management, Professionalism and Ethics, Project Sponsorship Project Finance and Legal Awareness. (Desirable)
· Ability to chair meetings effectively.
· Technical Understanding and Experience of working with ISO 9001 accredited quality procedures/ management system. (Desirable)
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.