Program Manager, ReservoirCommunications | Washington D.C., United States
Your Role: As a member of the Government and Industry Relations team, the Reservoir Program Manager will drive the continued growth and evolution of the Reservoir Center for Water Solutions, as a thought leader and convener in the water sector. The Reservoir Center’s mission is to advance the shared interests of the water sector through collaboration and constructive dialogue to make progress towards overcoming global water challenges. The Reservoir Center consists of 37 non-profit partners that share in the vision to create a world where water issues are no longer a constraint to human health, prosperity, or environmental sustainability. The Reservoir Center is available to our partners for use as an event, work, and meeting space, designed to bring together thought leaders in a neutral space without barriers, host meaningful events in conjunction with partners, and positively impact local and global communities through education and community outreach.
The Program Manager will manage a team and consults to execute in the following areas: event management, project management (streamlining existing and developing new processes, identifying needs and implementing solutions, and coordinating activities within the facility), partner engagement (accelerating the development of the Reservoir community through regular contact with partners), marketing and communications, and facility usage.
The Reservoir Center is sponsored and owned by Xylem.
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Own the responsibility for ensuring that Reservoir achieves its vision, mission and strategic objectives as a sector unifier and thought leader
- Build partnerships with water sector organizations to turn Reservoir into the global crossroads of the sector
- Review and update policies and procedures for Reservoir facility access by partners
- Ensure productive utilization of the Reservoir space and increase facility usage
- Coordinate events (curated dialogues, symposiums, social events) to advance Reservoir partner objectives
- Maintain awareness of Xylem priorities and initiatives (eg, the sustainability report, thought-leadership campaigns, etc.)
- Partner with legal and compliance on lobbying compliance and laws
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
You would be an excellent candidate for this role if you possess:
- Strong project management capabilities, obsessed with using data to improve performance and execution
- Experience and demonstrated success in event management
- Experience and demonstrated success in organizing, convening, and mobilizing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success in engaging with decision-makers, thinkers, and policy-makers
- Demonstrated effective relationship-building and collaboration skills with external stakeholders, such as non-profit organizations, government agencies and inter-governmental organizations
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with elected officials, dignitaries and senior corporate management
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Experience working at the interface of public policy, a focus on sustainability and water a plus
- Experience with communications and marketing, including strong writing skills to develop promotional collateral and newsletters, social media, and articles.
- Intellectual curiosity, interdisciplinary thinking, and the ability to ‘connect the dots’
- Passion for water and sustainability
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate Degree strongly recommended
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- General office-based tasks, including participation in virtual and in-person meetings, and the ability to travel ~10%
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- This role will be located in Washington, DC
- This role requires the ability and willingness to participate in calls across time zones (Asia, Europe, the Americas)