Parts CoordinatorOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
We’re Hiring for a Parts Coordinator!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Parts Coordinator is responsible for managing parts inventory that meets our fleet, as well as customer requirements, for optimal operational maintenance of all equipment. The Parts Coordinator will look up parts, distribute them to service personnel, process all work order transactions including allocating parts, process all customer parts sale orders, and complete all parts cycle counts. In addition, they will be responsible for providing accurate parts information to employees and customers. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 weeks PTO, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Maintain a clean and organized area with all bins designated and parts located in appropriate bins.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels of all parts products to meet sale and repair requirements.
- Process inventory adjustments, Goods Out to Works and Goods In to Works Transactions, to facilitate accurate accounting of parts, sale, and rental inventory.
- Complete forms to initiate corporate level inventory adjustments to accurately reflect current inventory state. (Item Code Requests, Inventory Adjustment Form, Hose Fabrication Sheets, Parts Conversion Form, Fleet Set Up Form and Fleet Change Over Form).
- Complete Parts Physical Inventory Cycle Counts with goal of 100% accuracy and needs awareness to increase inventory turn rates.
- Manage inventory usage and replenishment for all Service & Sales Vehicles (Bin-to-Bin Transfers).
- Process Transfers In/Out of Parts inventory, physically and in the system, for items shipped to/from other branch facilities.
- Package, ship and receive goods as required via UPS, Federal Express, etc.
Submit new Vendor Account Set Up documentation.
- Order parts, either from the Corporate Distribution Center, alternate branch locations or vendors to maintain stock and fulfill service, sales or rental orders.
- Order shop, vehicle, safety and branch consumable supplies and shop equipment that are non-order related.
- Create Purchase Orders, including accurate quantities and pricing, as appropriate based on approved buying channels.
Service Repair Work Orders:
- Manage Customer Owned Asset History, creating external assets (if applicable) and updating data for all Customer Owned Serialized Assets.
- Process component changes on all fleet and customer owned assets.
- Open Work Orders for all Fleet, Vehicle, Preparation for Sale and Customer Owned Assets.
- Understand Vendor Warranty terms and how to identify units or parts that are within the vendor warranty period.
Parts Sale Orders:
- Provide parts pricing and availability for all stock (list) and procured items (cost) to both internal and external customers, as necessary.
- Create and distribute quotations, as necessary, for parts sale orders.
- Process Parts Sale Transactions (New Sales/Returns - Order Placement to Invoicing Submissions).
- Process credit card payments relative to Customer Billable Work Orders or Parts Sale Orders.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs.
- Ability to maintain organized document files, in either electronic and/or hard copy versions
- Ability to respond and support emergency requirements for parts and equipment
- Proficiency with computer software programs to include Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- General knowledge of computerized order processing, inventory management and third party shipping software
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Parts counter experience in a diesel engine shop or related industrial equipment parts environment
- Experience with computerized inventory management system.
- Forklift operation experience working with palletized bulk products as well as heavy equipment.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.