Mechanical Engineer, Product Support (Electrical Motor)Engineering | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Mechanical Engineer, Product Support who Performs design maintenance on different ranges of products released to Manufacturing and launched on the Market. Becomes reference product technician for developing customer-driven customizations, for solving production problems and field problems, for maintaining regulatory compliance and for product improvement. Contributes to product value engineering and cost reduction activities, as well as to increase of process productivity
- Analyze mechanical design and FEA simulation, going through project steps such as design and calculations/simulations, prototypes and testing, technical validation and 3D/2D drawings execution and release.
- Analyze electrical aspects of motors for product customization and feasibility.
- Support accomplish Customer needs assessing product feasibility, product customization and providing dedicated drawings and documentation.
- Develop special product configurations to meet specific requirements, including meeting and discussing solutions with large customers such as OEM business.
- Support to process product certification requirements and to release resulting changes to production.
- Elaborate Engineering Change Requests for product/quality improvement and process improvement.
- Partecipate in team activities for product value addition, cost reduction, increase of productivity.
- Participate in team activities to solve product failures generated in-house and in the field, also to identify potential requirements for product improvements in future designs.
- Support with product technical data and informations both final Customer and internal customers.
- Provide general technical guidance to other employees.
- Energy engineering or Mechanical engineering degree (Laurea Triennale - 3 years).
- 3-5 years minimum experience in a similar role
- Good spoken and written English and fluent Italian.
- Knowledge of CAD 3D software (Pro.Engineer preferred).
- Utilize of Microsoft Office suite of tools (including Access).
- Three-five years of experience in the mechanical industry would be preferred.