Master SchedulerOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
We’re Hiring for a Master Scheduler!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: As part of the overall team and directly reporting to the SIOP Supply Planning Manager and indirectly to the Distribution Manager, this position will be responsible for end-to-end planning and execution to ensure supply is matching demand by master scheduling sales and transfer orders, expediting supply gaps and managing demand requirements by reviewing and acknowledging both internal and external customer date . Responsibilities also include managing back office processes for accounts payable, information technology, distribution order flow and continuous improvement.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ensure finished goods and component safety stock levels are maintained to meet on time delivery targets and achieve overall inventory turn goals.
- Work directly with buyers, suppliers, and plants to close supply gaps to maximize on time delivery performance and minimize stock outs.
- Manage distribution supplies, ensuring that PO’s are paid on time and act as the primary support for information technology issues / improvements.
- Tactical support of the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process including working with customer service and scheduling to ensure customer needs are met.
- Oversee plan for every part analysis to include finished goods, Kanban WIP and raw material.
- Work with operations team to determine minimum stocking levels for all supplies required to operate the distribution center.
- Place orders with suppliers for consumables, office supplies, outside services and MRO items and work with suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply.
- Work with SIOP Supply Planning Manager in prioritizing IT efforts to develop information systems for operations team. Critical team member on MRP/ERP improvement projects.
- Conduct daily review of customer orders and coordinate with branch operations to maximize on time delivery performance.
- Process system generated DRP requests to replenish inventory to branches from factories.
- Complete on-time delivery root cause analysis and develop correct actions.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to meet Xylem’s inventory objectives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
(Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.)
- 5 years master scheduling, operations or materials experience.
- Advanced analytical skills and expert knowledge utilizing MS Excel , Tableau, and BI tools.
- In-depth experience utilizing ERP/MRP & Kanban execution systems.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including ability to effectively coach, motivate, empower, develop and evaluate employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Continuous improvement (CI) tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of external and internal customers.
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong bias for action, and effective change agent.
- Proficiency in managing and facilitating teams through problem solving and conflict resolutions.
- BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related field
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- APICS CPIM (preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt / Lead Master certifications (preferred)
Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.