Field Technician / NACE CPOperations | Houston, TX, United States
Energy resources allow modern society to function and PureHM is a trusted partner with pipeline operators in bringing those resources safely to market. The economy, communities and individual citizens rely heavily on these resources to maintain a desirable standard of living, whether they realize it or not. Pipelines are the safest way to deliver energy; companies that own these pipelines make crucial decisions every day to ensure their product is delivered safely and efficiently, with the least amount of risk to society and the environment. A large percentage of pipelines are constructed near watersheds such as creeks, rivers and lakes, creating an unavoidable connection between water resources and energy, which poses an increased risk to pipeline operators.
PureHM gives pipeline companies confidence that they are doing everything in their power to deliver energy in the safest, most reliable way. Our best-in-class technologies and service quality provides the actionable information needed to reduce risk, by identifying problem areas, reducing unnecessary repairs, and prolonging asset life, while balancing fiscal responsibility.
PureHM, a Xylem brand, provides solutions for regulated inspections of the pipelines that deliver these energy products. Using these solutions, we give pipeline companies confidence that they are delivering their products as safely and efficiently as possible. Using our best-in-class technologies, we provide operators with the actionable information needed to identify problem areas, reduce unnecessary pipeline repairs, and prolong asset life. Ultimately, we help you ensure that energy pipelines are fit for service.
The Role: The Field Technician is responsible for conducting cathodic protection assessments, repairs, installations and various testing procedures associated with cathodic protection.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Install, energize, and maintain cathodic protection (CP) systems.
- Plan and perform annual adjustive surveys, which includes measuring and recording structure-to-soil potential data, rectifier monitoring and maintenance, soil measurements and continuity testing.
- Locate pipelines and document positional pipeline information.
- Perform depth-of-cover and close-interval CP surveys.
- Document post construction site conditions for development of as-built drawings.
- Assist with the preparation of reports.
- Operate and maintain company assigned vehicle, tools and equipment.
- Coordinate and complete specific project task objectives with minimum supervision.
- Provide guidance to team personnel as required.
- Adhere to both PureHM and client’s operations and HSE procedures and policies.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Complete daily timesheets and expense reports as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- NACE Cathodic Protection Level 1 or 2 Certification
- Minimum of 2 years of practical cathodic protection experience, preferably in the Oil & Gas pipeline industry.
- Experience with CP system testing, and installation knowledge is an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a driver background check.
- The ability and desire to learn new tasks.
- Able to use Microsoft Office
- Good verbal, written communication and computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong team attitude with commitment to customer service.
- Ability to manage time to maintain scheduling in order to meet appropriate deadlines.
- The following safety certifications would be an asset:
- H2S Alive
- Standard First Aid – CPR/AED Level C
- Ground Disturbance – Level II
- OSHA 10, PEC, Safeland or equivalent ATV Training
- UTV Training
- Argo Training
- Snowmobile Training
- Be able to stand on feet for a prolonged amount of time over rugged, remote terrain
- May need to bend, lift, carry, and stretch to perform duties
- Continually required to use hands and fingers and reach with arms
- Work requires ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Initially be available to travel for multiple days to remote locations ( >70%)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.