Field Technical SalesSales | Tampa, FL, United States
We’re Hiring for a Field Technical Sales!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Technical Sales will be responsible for demonstrations, training, trial installations and troubleshooting of equipment. In this role, the incumbent will also collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the pre- and post-sale of company products, and to provide technical sales support. Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Review customer’s technical and commercial specifications with the intention of determining which AWS products best meet the requirements. Answers technical questions for distributors, representatives, and end users. Technical resource for “system” knowledge of the following products:
- Groundwater Pumps and Systems including Turbines.
- Variable Speed Drives and Motors
- Wastewater Systems
- Booster Packages
- Plans and conducts technical sales presentations to explain and demonstrate product features and advantages. Training conducted for Distributors, Dealers, Contractors. End Users and Xylem employees
- Provides scheduled and emergency field troubleshooting, technical support, and system startup with focus on improving customer satisfaction, product promotion and warranty reduction.
- Interacts directly with customers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for product lines through necessary means to internal and external customers.
- Provides customer quotes for requested applications, providing the most effective and efficient solution to exceed requirements.
- Reviews technical documents and assists in developing needed product support material.
- Tracks customer and product issues communicating them to appropriate parties for resolution.
- Trains channel partners on Xylem tools to maximize effectiveness.
- Represents Xylem at Industry Shows and Associations and Events (Nationally and Regionally)
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- External: Customer Base for the Region
- Internal: Regional Sales Managers, Territory Managers, Product Managers, and Business Development Manager
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10+ Experience in the field and industry
- Minimum of 10+ Years Field Sales / Service Experience
- Good communication, organization skills, and computer literacy,
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior Oral & Written Communication
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with hydraulics’ and principles of centrifugal pumps and electrical Supply
- Up to 70% travel required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- VBSS Greenbelt is preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is desirable.
- Must be highly motivated with strong communications skills and the ability to work independently.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.