Business Intelligence Team Lead and Data AnalystInformation Technology | Sundbyberg, Sweden, Sweden
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Business Intelligence Team Lead and Data Analyst
We are looking for BI Analyst who is passionate about metrics and telling the stories behind the data.
As a BI Team Lead and Data Analyst, you have the opportunity from overseeing business intelligence and data warehousing support activities, to working with end users on requirements gathering, information modelling, and advanced analysis on data or design issues.
In this role, you will be responsible for covered operational support deliveries and lead and coordinate the work. You will be part of an international team outspread across the globe and you will work customer-oriented in a cross functional role.
This role is located at our HQ in Sundbyberg, with a possibility to work on a hybrid work arrangement.
- Responsible for evaluating and prioritizing change requests and support issues across supported platforms
- Tracks handling and status of support tickets in Xylem’s service management tool
- Assign related day-to-day support tasks and assignments to the development teams
- Engage with different business units and IT groups in understanding analytic requirements and help initiate discussions and plans for moving or adopting to the enterprise BI & DW strategy
- Take the lead in working with the team in the provision of high level time and effort estimations and functional specifications as required
- Work across assigned projects in ensuring that enterprise standards are followed and provide analytical insights with an enterprise view
- Collaborate with other colleagues within the team in ensuring that work requirements are met, improvement initiatives are identified and delivered according to commitment and quality standards
- Work with the data warehousing architect/developers in information and concept modeling.
Is this you?
You will thrive with us if you have a high social ability and likes being a team player.
You will be our professional when it comes to insights storytelling, communication and visualization and know how to create action from metrics. Crafting effective intelligent benchmarks, understanding performance, caring about data quality, enabling automation, and creating phenomenal visualizations are things that drive you.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in a similar capacity or in delivering business intelligence and data warehousing solutions
- Good communicator and can work cross functionally with business partners.
- Shows potential in leading a technical team in resolving day-to-day operational issues
- Demonstrated experience in working on PowerBI is preferred. Experience in working in SAP Business Objects or Tableau is an advantage.
- Deep knowledge in data warehousing operations and information modelling
- Experience or involvement in leading technical projects and/or support teams
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Adaptable to plan changes and readiness to adjust to varying scenarios
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Corporate Recruiter Leila Sayyad, Leila.email@example.com.
We only accept applicants through https://www.xylem.com/sv-se/karriar/xylem-career-opportunities/?currentpageid=49039&page=1&pagesize=24 .
Union representatives are Mikael Lövås, Unionen, and Martin Larsson, Sveriges Ingenjörer, phone: + 46 8 475 60 00.