Xylem recently released our 2022 Sustainability Report, spotlighting the significant progress we delivered towards our Sustainability Goals. Through our operations, supplier and sector-wide partnerships, and green finance offerings, Xylem aims to improve water security by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, building watershed stewardship and resilience to climate change, and advancing equitable access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Hear from Patrick Decker, President and CEO of Xylem, on the report:
Among our 2022 sustainability highlights:
- Water operators were enabled to cut carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) emissions by 2.8 million metric tons, using Xylem technology. The emissions reduction equates to 623,000 cars* driven for one year. This progress has helped us achieve our 2025 carbon CO2e emissions reduction goal well ahead of schedule.
- We made notable progress in reducing our own emissions. Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions were down 21% year-on-year, while we also continued to make strides on water and waste footprint reductions across our operations.
- 88% of the electricity used at Xylem manufacturing, office and service facilities came from renewable sources in 2022, an increase of 13% from 2021.
- Xylem employees volunteered 157,000 hours to address water, sustainability and community challenges in 2022 – an increase of 39% on 2021.
- We provided WASH solutions to communities in need, reaching more than 2.4 million people, and leveraged Xylem technology, solutions and partnerships to mobilize aid for 30 areas impacted by disaster.
To learn more about Xylem’s sustainability progress, download the 2022 Xylem Sustainability Report.
*Refers to cars powered by internal combustion engine.