Product Manager Water Treatment SpainProduct Management | Madrid, Spain, Spain
Xylem brand provides complete drinking and wastewater treatment solutions for public utility and industrial applications. We operate a robust product development process and fill our pipeline with new product and process advancements while continuing to onboard new disruptive technologies. Our goal is to leverage the Xylem brands to build solutions for the global market, and we want to bring on board a dynamic and experienced Product Manager who wants to drive our growth with a highly skilled and motivated team of treatment experts.
The business shall be operated as highly agile start- up business within treatment, driven by a commercial owner (this role) and a technical owner. It is essential that commercialization is started in parallel in targeted emerging and developed markets with an offering tailored to these market needs. The holder of the position is required to be interacting across the business for leveraging existing resources and teams while being directly responsible for a small core team growing this new business.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the water sector in a Business development position or Product Manager role
- Ability to speak fluent English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Availability to travel 30% of the time (Spain mainly)
- A plus would be experience on drinking and wastewater reuse
- Ability to work independently
- Take ownership and drives action
- Very good communication skills (Doing Seminars) and leadership skills
The main onsite work and training will be in MADRID, but full scope within Spain
Open to hybrid work mode (2 days of smart working per week)
Business Development duties
- Development of strategies and actionable plan for the commercialization of clean water treatment solutions product.
- Performs thorough assessments of the potential for specific new target markets and technology opportunities and develops go-to and get-to market strategies to pursue these opportunities.
- Track performance of orders, revenue and GM% closely to document business progress and to ensure timely countermeasures are taken where required.
- Works closely with the Vertical markets and Sales teams to develop targeted lead generation and brand-building marketing campaigns that can be directly attributed to revenue growth.
- Identifies potential market adjacency opportunities.
- Work with commercial teams for identifying and onboard channel partners quickly, where internal sales capabilities might be a limiting growth factor.
Product Management duties
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap, in coordination with other product managers, for the global product line including new product development, value improvements, product introductions, phase outs and product training.
- Collaborates effectively with Vertical Marketing teams to develop local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership).
- Assigns and takes ownership of the Product Development process by actively driving and participating in the tollgate process: by developing the business case, product requirements etc. with the understanding of customer and market needs.
- Understands and specifies market requirements, competition as well as market- and technology trends for current and future products. Conducts product-related market research, Voice of Customer, customer visits in close collaboration with local-regional product managers and vertical marketing teams.
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 17.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.