Pilot Program ManagerProject Management | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Pilot Program Manager will lead the development and implementation of solutions leveraging new and existing Xylem technologies to create differentiated offers to municipal and industrial customers and to assist in supporting the growth of sales with respect to pilot contracts and the resulting full-scale opportunity linked to the pilot. The position is responsible for managing the technical and commercial support of Xylem’s pilot assets by driving a high utilization rate, while delivering a best in class customer experience. This includes sales support for winning pilot contracts, management of customer projects, coordinating the development of the testing protocol, customer service for pilot projects, field support of pilot equipment, data analysis and optimization, and technical report writing.
The position will be part of a passionate team that strives to achieve overall company goals in terms of image, reputation, revenue and profitability. The manager will require strong leadership and influential skills in collaborating interdepartmentally with peer groups and management, including sales, engineering, and R&D.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Personally, or through other company resources, develop the technical depth in Xylem product and application knowledge
- Work closely with the Territory Managers, Key Account Managers, process/application engineers to support sales, grow commercial pilot program, and maximize utilization of all pilot assets and accessories
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and supporting documentation for pilot projects/equipment, including accessible and organized bank of pilot history/data
- Develop streamlined processes to collect necessary information from customer, sales/applications, engineering, R&D and service to develop pilot test protocols that best meet the overall treatment objectives while providing the data needed to develop an optimized full-scale solution.
- Develop and implement program metrics to measure pilot asset utilization, rental revenue (pilot assets and accessories), full scale opportunity creation, efficiency/man hrs per project, on-time/under budget, customer satisfaction
- Drive a highly responsive culture to both internal and external customers to provide timely and accurate information and maximizing pilot system uptime and performance
- Work with sales and marketing to influence marketplace through whitepapers, presentations, and case stories at regional/national trade shows and industry conferences
- Self-motivated, self-starter with intrinsic drive with balanced guidance from manager, sales director and leadership team
- Hands-on field support to troubleshoot, maintain, and optimize pilot equipment including instrumentation, pumps, valves, controls, and typical water treatment components.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Positions Directly Supervised
- Direct - 1
- Leads Pilot Engineer and indirectly leads personnel from various technical and commercial functions to achieve tasks, including dedicated pilot process engineer. Leverages supports from R&D & Engineering, as necessary, to adequately support each commercial pilot project.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or Environmental Sciences
- 7+ years of experience working in the water and wastewater treatment market; specifically focused on applications, project management, and/or customer service
- Strong understanding of water chemistry and sampling/analytical methods and/or process knowledge of water/wastewater treatment (biological treatment, membranes and filtration, adsorption, reverse osmosis, oxidation, and disinfection) a plus
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in field service and/or pilot testing a plus
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair water treatment equipment ranging from instrumentation to pumps to controls a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop pilot test protocols, analyze data, optimize treatment processes, and write technical reports a plus
- Strong leadership skills with a strong customer focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, CRM, MS Project
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & oral)
- Excellent task management & organization skills (creation of Standard Operation Procedures and necessary tools/collateral to establish standard work)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company: Nationwide: up to 40%.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.