Market Development Manager, Digital SolutionsSales | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem Inc. seeks to hire a Market Development Manager - Monitoring & Controls to support and develop the sales efforts of Xylem branch offices and channel partners in the Northeast Region, focused on Monitoring & Controls (M&C) including all Water Solutions brand M&C solutions. Greater than 75% overnight travel is a requirement for this position. If you are excited and passionate, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support and develop the sales efforts of Xylem branch offices and channel partners within your geographic area, serving as a technical sales resource for Monitoring & Control products through coaching and mentoring personnel.
- Perform technical and / or sales training in relation to Xylem’s monitoring and controls portfolio.
- Achieve and surpass agreed upon quotas and goals for sales of Monitoring & Control products in your geographic area and assist your colleagues in meeting overall NAR targets.
- Coordinate sales efforts with Xylem (Flygt) Direct Sales Representatives, Territory Managers / Regional Managers along with Senior Market Development Managers for M&C, the M&C Application Engineering Team / M&C Support Team.
- Support and follow specific sales initiatives and strategies as set by the company / your supervisor.
- Attend, assist, and represent the company in a professional manner at networking functions, receptions, business seminars, and trade shows.
- Adhere to Xylem’s standard policies, procedures, and codes of conduct.
- Represent Xylem in a positive and professional manner at all times, inside and outside of the company.
- Follow-up promptly on new opportunities and referrals.
- Provide voice of the customer (VOC) in relation to product suitability and enhancements.
- Provide periodic reports, such as sales forecasts and weekly sales reports detailing individual sales activities, market trends, competitors’ activities, pricing issues, and any problems or issues that need to be addressed.
- Develop and maintain an active database of sales opportunities in the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors’ degree preferably an Engineering degree (an electrical engineering degree highly desirable) or 5+ years equivalent experience in automation & controls.
- Strong technical aptitude essential
- Experience in industrial controls applications with a working knowledge of PLCs, telemetry, distributed control networks, and industry standard communications protocols highly desirable.
- Sales Management experience in the water industry is highly desirable
- VBSS Greenbelt is preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is desirable
- Must be highly motivated with strong communications skills and the ability to work independently.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.