Human Resources Business PartnerHuman Resources | Los Angeles, CA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Human Resources Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that delivers full cycle Human Resources services enabling the organization to attract, manage, develop and retain colleagues with the skills needed to meet customer needs and achieve business objectives. This role is critical in executing our people initiatives by providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. As a member of the HR Team this role requires strong team collaboration in a shared service model as well as across businesses. This role must reside in Southern California and will support our West Coast team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for taking a hands-on approach and successfully monitoring the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement. Works closely with business managers to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Responsible for managing and resolving complex employee relations issues including conflicts including support of performance improvement plan development and delivery as required; conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations as required.
- Is a deep expert on all HR programs, policies and delivery models and insures compliance with regulatory requirements such as equal employment and affirmative action and planning
- Responsible for building managerial capability through focused HR practices as well as guidance, coaching, counseling, mentoring and development.
- Operating as a change agent, leads the implementation and execution of corporate wide practices such as performance management approach, organizational development, talent reviews, succession planning and shared services/COE strategies.
- Identifies and delivers training needs for the business. Collaborates and partners with Leadership and Talent Development COE as needed.
- Partners with the Total Rewards center of Excellence regarding administration and communication of all benefit & compensation plans to employees, including annual enrollment process. Serve as liaison and employee advocate as required and assist in resolving problems and questions
- Champions and is responsible for the recruitment of talent from initiation of the requisition to the extension of the offer and through the full onboarding process. Effectively collaborates and partners with the Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence in support of sourcing strategies and all parts of the process to ensure high quality and fast results for the business.
- Responsible for understanding the business, financials and goals. Analyzes trends and metrics and collaborates with site leadership team to develop new approaches to improve upon meeting business objectives, productivity and people development.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining functional excellence in all HR processes and practices for the full employee lifecycle (hire to retire). Consistently applies lean principles, a continuous improvement mindset and ensures standard work is maintained. Leverages & integrates technology to increase productivity, performance & engagement and facilitating an employee self-service environment. Validates business unit data required for Workforce Administration.
- Acts as an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment. Promotes diversity and inclusion
- Become proficient in all HR systems and conduct audits as required to maintain data integrity and to ensure comprehensive transition from existing programs to the new programs as required.
- Conduct internal audits for SOA, ISO, Pension Plans, EHS, etc. to ensure compliance for HR related matters.
- Led Affirmative Action Program for specific plans; coordinates local outreach and inclusion and diversity efforts.
- Leads and/or serves on project teams as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- 7+ years of directly related professional human resources experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of human resources management, state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Excellent working knowledge of compensation, benefits, employee relations, organizational development, and training
- Adept at communicating to all levels in the organization, earning trust and building credibility
- Strong collaborator, managing multiple inputs and delivering solutions with a one-team mindset while maintaining a good sense of humor in a complex environment
- Green Belt Certification/Continuous Improvement Experience
- Affirmative Action Plan and Positive Outreach experience
- Experience working in a corporate and branch operations
- Workday experience preferred
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.