CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER OPERATIONContinuous Improvement | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 17.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
We are hiring a Continuous Improvement Manager Operations for Montecchio’s site (over 750 employees). This role, under the supervision of the CI Manager Europe, will coordinate a team of 4 C.I. Specialists, is responsible for leading CI and Company targets aligned with site vision and values and spreading CI Culture through training and coaching activities.
With her/his team facilitate project teams to improve critical business processes, drive financial results, and lean manufacturing principles within Operations.
Strategic Analysis: coordinate the team activities to support the definition and implementation of the overall site operations strategic plan, develop the local business and ensure the connections across the site functions.Develop and support methods and systems to reach the strategical goals, objectives, and metrics.Support a clear vision agreed with the functional leaders in order to drive the deployment. CI has to promote the good results and celebrate them in order to get people engaged.
Process Improvement & Optimization:Leading and coordinating improvement projects by facilitating events with the support of cross-functional team members, to address bottlenecks and pain points throughout the full process under analysis.
Providing guidance to the team members to help them address challenges affecting productivity, quality, and lead time of manufacturing processes.
Promoting the culture of standard work across manufacturing processes in order to simplify the business and increase the quality of the outputs.
Guaranteeing integration across different projects/processes and coordinating the improvements to accomplish the project goals.
Project Management:Assigned and managing projects of different sizes and complexity delivering success within given scope and timeframe.
Supporting CI teams from a methodological point of view and teamwork attitude, guiding the execution of projects with the Lean Six Sigma problem-solving methodology.
Developing business cases and financial analyses for evaluating the business impact/benefits of the improvement actions delivered.
Tracking project status updates & results to achieve the annual operating plan.
Training & Development:Identifying potential project team members into the organization.
Create a Training plan for the site to increase the knowledge of LSS tools with the aim to spread the CI culture.
Coaching colleagues who leads Continuous improvement projects/problem-solving activities in order to guide them through the LSS certification path.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related fields;
- 5+ years of process improvement experience leading cross-functional projects;
- Proven Experience as a People Manager
- Application of mapping tools like Swimlane, VSM, spaghetti charts, etc;
- Superior oral & written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels within and outside of the company;
- Proven project management and leadership abilities in a team environment;
- Delivery of A3 projects and DMAIC applied to complex projects;
- Good English written/spoken;
- Fluent in Italian;
- Positive and energetic attitude;
- People oriented;
- Change and conflict management;
- Green belt certified
- Black belt is a plus
LOCATION: Montecchio Maggiore (VI)
SMARTWORKING: 1 day per week
CONTRACT: full-time, permanent, canteen included
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.