Aftermarket Territory Manager – TreatmentSales | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Aftermarket Territory Manager will be responsible for directly leading all Aftermarket sales, marketing, field service, and business development activities relative to the Treatment Aftermarket initiative. Proactively drive all Aftermarket opportunities across the defined region by soliciting and securing orders, all while establishing strong relationships and building customer intimacy. This role will fully support the Treatment products under the Xylem umbrella.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead all Treatment Aftermarket & Service activities within a defined territory, promoting Xylem’s comprehensive, proactive, and integrated portfolio of products and services that provide customers with solutions to achieve the highest equipment reliability with lowest cost of ownership.
- Seeking an aggressive and technically adept sales support and service minded professional to direct the Treatment Aftermarket initiative within Xylem’s installation footprint, using a targeted approach to build and leverage relationships to reveal further Aftermarket opportunities across the defined region.
- Proactively pursue business through the execution of system health checks (condition audits) within the Treatment installed base.
- Manage and conduct ride alongs and health checks with the Treatment representative channel to market to secure orders for retrofits existing Xylem and competitor systems, parts replacement, service opportunities (preventative maintenance agreements, energy audits, operator training, system optimization, etc.), and sales of advance process controls equipment.
- Conduct field training of sales representatives and service technicians for health checks as well as conducting ongoing competency training.
- Promote new products and services to increase Aftermarket sales revenue, aggressive solicitation of orders, customer inquiry, and quote follow-up, all while optimizing growth.
- Collaborate and indirectly manage customer facing activities (requests, complaints, etc.) with the respective sales or service management teams.
- Maintain and leverage the Treatment databases and develop communication plans for mapping specific site customer needs and requirements.
- Provide installation assistance for products to contractors, customers and OEM’s.
- Troubleshoot units and components of various systems.
- Disseminate service information and provide informal/hands-on training at customer’s locations.
- Record, collect and report on service and technical repairs problems. Also submit any special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions as required.
- Operate in safe manner consistent with federal, state, corporate and local guidelines for the tasks assigned; including the proper wearing of Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Assist in product warranty determination.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- A. Technical Degree or equivalent work experience within Industrial, Water, or Wastewater industries. B.S. in Engineering or the Sciences is a plus but not required.
- Seven+ years of commercial sales, field service, business development, and/or related experience in the Industrial, Water, or Wastewater industries.
- Superior customer service, interpersonal, and presentation skills is a must.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history.
- Thorough understanding of systems troubleshooting and the benefits of establishing solid service practices for the company and the customer.
- Treatment and/or rotating equipment knowledge and experience is strongly preferred.
- General knowledge of control schematics, PLCs, and monitoring devices.
- Must possess the ability to professionally conduct technical writing that would be included in customer reports presented to the end-user and/or engineering communities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, along with databases including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms and/or Microsoft Access
- Detailed knowledge of treatment processes (a plus).
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to provide, or establish, around the clock service to customers as required.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull, and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
- Office: Administrative – computer and telephone usage. Microsoft Office and CRM essential. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery, such as fax machines, copiers, and printers.
- Shop/Job Site: Daily Exposure to warehouse/shop. Exposure to undesirable field elements at treatment plants or contractor sites.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Nationwide – Up to 50 to 60 percent travel.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.